Job Title: No Experience Administrative Assistant – ADRA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Profile
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries—regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of thousands through 5 impact areas in Uganda.
The Administrative Assistant does all secretarial work for the project and ensure the efficient, effective and secure management of the project’s storage facilities and services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Secretarial work for the project, including note-taking in all meetings
- Carry out photocopying, binding and filing of official organizational documents as you shall be assigned by your immediate supervisor and/or higher authorities
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing communication including telephone calls, post office mails parcels etc., and direct them to the right offices in a timely manner
- Work with the security officer to receive, direct and advise visitors to the right offices at the right time
- Ensure that the reception area and front office is clean and well organized and presentable at all times.
- Keep records and develop schedules of official messages and appointments for all officers
- Draw and coordinate the schedules for daily devotions in collaboration
- Maintain the notice board showing the itineraries of different officers and advise visitors and workers accordingly
- Arrange all stock and inventories in their right bins
- Maintain and make regular updates on all stores records and documentation including (purchase requisition, bin cards, Stores material control records and delivery notes)
- Advise the Logistics / Procurement officers about balances and re-order levels of stocks and inventories
- Prepare release orders and present them to the authorized officer for approval
- Internal maintenance and control of supplies of inventories
- Prepare monthly stores reports
- A minimum of a Degree in Business Administration or any other related qualification
- Understanding & demonstrated experience working with NGOs is an added advantage
- Able to work under minimum supervision & with strict deadlines
- Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the internet
- Must be fluent in written and oral English
- Basic familiarity with the Luo language will be an added advantage
- Basic cultural knowledge of Acholiland, including the Districts of Agago, Pader, Kitgum, and Lamwo. Working experience with the Luo people will be an added advantage
How To Apply for ADRA Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021
- ADRA Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization
- ADRA Uganda staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct
- ADRA Uganda operates and enforces policies on protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, Anti-bribery, and Anti-corruption
- ADRA Uganda does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.