Job Title: Cash and Voucher Assistance Coordinator – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Uganda
Save the Children Profile:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
The Education Consortium in Uganda is seeking a CVA Coordinator to lead the coordination of cash for education in emergencies project activities implemented by the 5 partners in the Consortium.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will support the Uganda Education Consortium to meet its programmatic objectives through cash transfers across multiple partners and in collaboration with the other external implementing partners.
- It is intended to support the coordination of the implementation of cash interventions covering all stages of the programme cycle: assessments, design, operational feasibility and risks, and monitoring.
- Line management will be through the Education Consortium, hosted by Save the Children Uganda.
- Three (3) years of significant and relevant experience in designing, managing and implementing cash transfer programmes for a broad range of institutional donors and sectors (beyond Food Security & Livelihoods)
- An understanding of education sector programming.
- Experience working through partnership and in consortia.
- Previous emergency response experience, possibly also in Finance and/or Logistics.
- Management experience of operational aspects of cash and voucher interventions.
- Experience in the introduction of internal controls systems to support cash and vouchers delivery in the areas of financial management, logistics, security and programme delivery.
- Demonstrable understanding of M&E and beneficiary accountability.
- Education: BA / BSc level in relevant field.
- Experience of working in insecure environments and adapting internal processes to mitigate security risks.
- Understanding of field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN in the domain of cash and voucher interventions.
- Good attention to detail.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong communication (written and spoken) skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in managing multicultural teams.
How To Apply for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.