Job Title: Gender and Advocacy Officer – SOS Children’s Villages Jobs 2021
Organization: SOS Children’s Villages
Job Location: SOS Children’s Village Entebbe
Reports To: Family Strengthening Program Coordinator
SOS Children’s Villages Profile:
The Gender and Advocacy Officer will support and implement Gender and Advocacy related interventions with in the Family Strengthening Programme.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring that that gender is effectively mainstreamed during programme designing and its overall management.
• Support the conducting gender analysis across programmes.
• Implement gender related legal frameworks within the project
• Lead in planning and budgeting of gender related projects within programme/projects.
• Identify gender issues for advocacy
• Direct support to Key Implementing Partners to build their capacity in program implementation.
• Monitor development/growth progress KIPs and track efforts to implement OCA action plans.
• Organise routine capacity assessment for KIPs in a given location.
• Support programme in ensuring that both boys and girls are equally protected, educated and healthy, enabling them into being contributing members of society.
• Support programme in ensuring that male and female caregivers have equal access to socio-economic opportunities, care and protection of their children.
• Support programme in ensuring that communities are gender sensitive in responding to the situation in the target group.
• Take lead and champion all advocacy initiatives at location level.
• Build the capacity of co-workers at the location main stream and implement programme in a gender sensitive way.
• Contribute to National MA advocacy strategy working in close collaboration with National office advocacy function.
• Actively participating in child development and gender related networks.
• Reporting and documentation.
• A loving home for every child
• At least 3 years’ experience in implementing gender and advocacy related projects.
• Sound understanding of child rights, child development, family and community development, rights based programming and management of CBOs.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects
• Good communication and reporting skills.
• Computer literate.
• Understanding and ability to apply community development participatory methodologies.
How To Apply for SOS Children’s Villages Jobs 2021
The Head Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding ten pages to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.