Job Title: Senior Associate, Supply Chain and Financing – CHAI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Clinton Health Access Initiative
Duty Station: Kampala
Clinton Health Services Initiative Profile:
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The CHAI Uganda Infectious and non-communicable diseases’ (INCD) program aims to support the Ministry of Health to strengthen management systems, including strategic planning and execution, increase access to optimal medicines and technologies, facilitate the development and scale up of resilient health service delivery models and information systems as well as identify sustainable financing mechanisms for the HIV/AIDS response in the country. The program also supports MoH in addressing the morbidity and mortality caused by non-communicable diseases such as cancer.
The Senior Associate, Supply Chain and Financing will provide technical support to the Uganda Ministry of Health and National Medical Stores to enhance access to medicines for people affected by HIV, TB, COVID-19, Cancer and other non-communicable diseases. In close conjunction with the Ministry and NGO partners, they will support efforts to optimize Uganda’s product selection, enhance the supply chain, and improve the medicines and diagnostics’ commodity forecasting processes and, supply plan and monitoring. The Senior Associate will also help the Ministry of Health develop the internal capacity to recommend the optimal products (drug regimens and diagnostics) and strengthen the systems that deliver those drugs or diagnostics to facilities.
The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker with exceptional quantitative skills and experience in complex problem solving and stakeholder relationship management. They will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from quantitative analysis of huge datasets, and leading stakeholder meetings to gaining consensus on proposed recommendations. The Senior Associate must become quickly well versed with the costs, efficacy and side effects of diverse drug regimens and formulations, diagnostics and must be able to navigate politics and build relationships at every level. They must exhibit a passion for results and a commitment to excellence.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support national quantifications efforts, including pipeline planning, commodity gap analyses, and continuous monitoring of the funding for HIV Commodities and associated laboratory commodities.
- Identify supply chain bottlenecks for medicines and diagnostic products through comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analysis, including field research and developing contingency mechanisms.
- Provide Ministry of Health Pharmacy Division, National Medical Stores and Central Public Health laboratories (CPHL) with applied analytics support for decision making, including scenario modeling, cost-benefit analyses, and any other quantitative support required.
- Develop dashboards and frameworks for monitoring the overall supply chain performance of INCD commodities
- Develop forecasting and quantification models to guide decision making on procurement and pipeline monitoring of INCD commodities
- Maintain and ensure updated data bases of key supply chain and costing information on INCD commodities
- Develop periodic stock status reports in collaboration with the Ministry to ensure supply security and to inform redistribution processes
- Support the preparation of key reports to the MoH, NMS, CPHL and development partners and other key stakeholders in the health commodities supply chain.
- Coordinate information sharing and joint supply planning between the 4 major warehouses in Uganda.
- Work with MOH Pharmacy Division, Warehouses, Implementing Partners and NDA to introduce and roll out more optimal ARV medicines and technologies.
- Conduct financial gap analyses and prioritization of treatment and diagnostics commodity scale up plans, and support efforts to mobilize resources towards underfunded areas of the plans.
- Coordination importation of CHAI procured commodities and support optimization of registration processes for new products
- Coordinate trainings and CMEs on new/more optimal medicines and diagnostics and updated guidelines
- Work with MOH Pharmacy Division, NMS and CPHL to improve Logistics coordination amongst lower level facilities, Implementing partners and District Health Teams.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field such as Pharmacy, Medicine or Business studies
- At least 3 years’ experience working in health commodities management, public health, business, management consulting, finance or a related field
- Advanced proficiency in computer packages such as MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Quantimed.
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Practical project management experience
- Experience working with large data sets and developing models and dashboards using statistical tools including excel
- Guides subset of program development across related project areas
- Advises on effectiveness of program, systems or procedures
- Recommends initiatives and priorities within a defined program area
- Flexible in achieving work objectives as necessary
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Coordinates and establishes credibility with internal and department head level external stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Economics, Business or related field
- Experience working in Africa and/or developing countries
How To Apply for CHAI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.