Job Title: Senior Accountant – Tugende Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Tugende Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reporting: Head, Finance
Available Vacancies: 1
Tugende Uganda Profile
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers, and consumer finance to qualified existing customers. It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers unable to access formal credit and has financed over 40,000 customers.
Tugende’s mission is: “Helping people help themselves”. The Tugende Senior Accountant is a thorough professional in Finance with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be required to work autonomously serving in the mainstream roles of; managing client accounts, payroll management, accounts management, fixed asset management, compliance, and taxation. The position is based in Uganda and thus only Ugandan Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Client Weekly Billing and Finance Income Accruals
- Prepare and Review client weekly bills, monthly finance income for posting from the loan management system into the current and future financial management system. (QuickBooks & Microsoft Dynamics 365)
Client Weekly Payments
- Review weekly clients’ payments from all sources (Mobile Money, Payway, Banks, etc.)
- Review weekly payment reconciliations reports by the accountant and accounting officers.
- Prepare, review and post weekly payments into QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics 365 (ERP)
Fees and Penalties
- Ensure all fees applied are posted in QuickBooks
- Review fees applied in Musoni and reconcile with QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Review weekly write-off in salesforce originate for posting to QuickBooks
- Post-write-off to QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Review write-offs recognized in Musoni
Reconciliations of CRM and Loan management system
- Prepare reconciliations for reports from the client relationship management system and loan management system to ensure accuracy of information being fed into Quickbooks and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Review monthly payroll deduction inputs (Staff Hire Purchase, Salary Advances, etc)
- Update HR Magic with staff payroll change request
- Prepare final payroll for submission to the bank
- Post payroll journal to QuickBooks
- Reconcile payroll deduction in QuickBooks
- Review and reconcile month-end accounts payables and receivables balances.
- Review all daily transactions for cash and bank accounts.
- Review daily postings to ensure costs are allocated to their respective branches
- Support accounting officers to ensure weekly transactions deadlines are met.
- Review and pre-signed monthly cash and bank reconciliation reports.
- Review weekly cash projection for finalization submission.
- Review all reconciliation reports from officers (Inventory, Assets)
- Review monthly journals posted in QuickBooks (Expenses Accruals and Prepayments)
- Update the fixed asset register
- Prepare disposal schedule for verification
- Post monthly depreciation and disposals
- Review fixed asset registers with physical assets in all branches.
Compliance and Taxation
- Review and file monthly PAYE returns
- Review and file monthly NSSF returns
- Review monthly VAT Returns before filing
- Review monthly Withholding tax returns
Month-end and Year-End closure and reporting
- Ensure month-end closure reconciliations are completed within the first five days of the following month including bank reconciliations, stock reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, and reconciliations of all accrual, prepayments, and deferred accounts.
- Prepare and submit accurate and complete monthly management accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Tugende Uganda Jobs 2021
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Highly self-motivated and able to demonstrate a drive for results with a professional approach from a team
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, and professionally presentable
- Exhibit a passion for customers, and provide excellent customer service and empathy for our customers
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and willing to work in the different regions of Uganda.
- Ability and willingness to learn to ride a motorcycle to conduct fieldwork
- Computer literate with the ability to comfortably use MS Office and GSuites. Have at least 35 Words Per Minute.
- High level of professionalism and integrity, with good moral character
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with resilience and a “can do” attitude
Qualification and Experience:
- Must be a CPA/ACCA and Minimum 3 years of work experience, working with an institution or organization such as a microfinance or business credit-related business
- Having an audit background would be an added advantage.
- Should have one to two years of supervisory experience
- Hold values similar to our own: Adopt and champion the values that Tugende stands for; Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions-Oriented and Always growing
- Confidentiality: Able to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially.
- Positive Attitude: the main mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times.
- Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexibility in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback, and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
How To Apply for Tugende Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.