Job Title: Digital Diplomacy Officer (Social Media) – DWC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Development Watch Centre (DWC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Development Watch Centre (DWC) Profile:
Development Watch Centre (DWC) is a non-partisan, interdisciplinary, and independent think tank dedicated to analysing Uganda’s foreign policy and diplomacy in international milieux. One of DWC’s aims is to contribute to the policy-making process through our trainings, publications and conferences. To realise this and promote our work, the think tank is recruiting an exceptional digital diplomacy officer and two editors to join our dynamic editorial and communication teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist running DWC’s social media accounts, i.e., Twitter, Facebook LinkedIn, and Instagram;
• Follow and identify international relations calendar for DWC’s social media feeds;
• Promote DWC’s work on social media platforms;
• Compile DWC’s website and social media qualitative and quantitative analytics reporting;
• Follow the diplomatic community, relevant ministries and (social) media for content;
• Contribute to DWC’s social media content through articles, fliers, videos on social media; and
• General social media research, planning & reporting as may be assigned.
Podcast, video, and graphics:
• Formatting videos and photos for DWC social media;
• Production of infographic material; and
• In consultation with the supervisor, editing audio recordings for podcasts.
Mainstream media relations:
• Help to update and compile contact lists of mainstream media and outside social media; and
• In coordination with the supervisor, help in writing and release of press statements.
Required knowledge and qualifications:
• Proven interest in international relations & diplomacy;
• Excellent knowledge of English; knowledge of other UN language(s) is an added advantage.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communication, communication management, international communication, digital communication, social media, journalism, marketing or law is preferred.
Your experience and skills:
• Experience in content management is essential;
• Problem-solving mindset;
• A team-player with strong inter-cultural competencies;
• Ability to deliver results within tight time frames, and manage multiple assignments;
• Digital diplomacy training is added advantage; and
N.B Please explain in your motivation letter how you match the above conditions.
• Monthly salary in accordance with experience;
• A multicultural and challenging working team; and
• A great network within the think tank.
How To Apply for DWC Uganda Jobs 2021
To apply: A CV, motivational letter and application letter should be sent by email to email@example.com mentioning either Digital Diplomacy Officer or Editor in the subject line.
Deadline: 16th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.