Job Title: Fresher Research Assistants – PATH Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: PATH Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
PATH Uganda Profile:
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Self-injection (SI) of subcutaneous injectable contraception is transforming women’s contraceptive access and autonomy in Uganda by putting a popular method directly into the hands of users. Self-injection overcomes critical access barriers for women improving access to Uganda’s most popular method of contraception. Due to its cost, the current product available in Uganda (Sayana Press) is subsidized by donors to increase its availability and accessibility in the short term to women in developing countries. A major factor in the cost of Sayana Press is the Uniject injection device, a compact, prefilled, and autodisable injection device.
PATH has identified a new, lower cost CPAD device, the Easyject™ (developed by Injecto A/S, Denmark) that can help to lower the price point of self-injectable contraceptives. A lower cost injection system, especially in conjunction with potential future generic products for self-injection, could greatly expand access to injectable contraception in both public and private settings.
We are seeking to hire two (2) Research Assistants based in Luweero, or Jinja, for a period of four (4) months, to collect data for the evaluation to seek to understand the acceptability and usability of the Easyject device relative to the Uniject device, which has been shown to be acceptable and useable among both clients and providers in prior studies. The research assistants will primarily collect field data, using observation checklists, survey questionnaires and In-depth interview guides; transfer data and reporting.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Attend all required study trainings, orientations and meetings.
- Be physically present in the assigned implementing district whenever required to (Luwero or Jinja).
- Recruit participants including screening for eligibility.
- Obtain informed consent and enroll participants.
- Orient the participant on the either devices
- Administer questionnaires to participants.
- Record data on data collection forms (paper based, mobile electronic device, laptop).
- Check data for quality and completeness.
- Transfer data regularly to Site PI.
- Communicate regularly with Site PI to assure effective implementation of evaluation activities including sufficient enrolment and implementation according to protocol, SOPs, ethics and other regulatory approvals.
- Communicate regularly with Site PI and other evaluation staff.
- Solve problems together with Site PI and evaluation team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a relevant field.
- Experience in in research and also possess the ability to master new tools, as required
- Ability to respect confidentiality of participants
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to record data with precision and accuracy.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, email
- Fluent in speaking and reading English, and fluent in the language spoken in the district to which the research Assistant is assigned. Language skills will be assessed during the interview process (English or Luganda).
Must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
How To Apply for PATH Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise