Job Title: Digital and Online Media Manager – Airtel Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Airtel Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head Brand, Insights & Communication
Airtel Uganda Profile
Airtel was launched in Uganda in June 2010 and is Uganda’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector. As a mobile operator airtel introduced affordable communication products and services that have transformed millions of Ugandans and businesses.
History of the airtel in Uganda;
CELTEL Uganda was the first Telecommunication Company in Uganda that was introduced in 1995 and transformed telephony by connecting people with the use of a mobile phone. In July 2007, CELTEL Uganda changed its brand name to ZAIN Uganda that was eventually changed to Airtel Uganda in 2010 thus joining a family of over 361 million customers across its operations at the end of May 2016. In May 2013, Airtel Uganda achieved a great success story having acquired Warid Telecom and growing to a family of over 8.9 Million customers and being the 2nd largerst telecom in Uganda.
Responsible for Primarily leading, developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing Airtel Uganda’s positioning by leveraging digital channels and assets to ensure best in class Digital communication execution, digital innovations to drive customer engagement on Social devotion and customer loyalty through a superior online customer experience. Secondarily, to spearhead product development through strategic alliances to drive Airtel’s portfolio at optimized costs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Ensure implementation of Airtel integrated digital marketing strategy and best practice guidelines
· Local OpCo implementation of digital marketing campaigns including updates to website, social media engagement, paid digital media, emails, etc.
· Stay up-to-date on all Digital Marketing development and drive innovation within the OPCO
· Manage digital agency partners to ensure level of expected service is delivered along with coordination with IT and various stakeholders internally and externally
· Engage the developer groups and innovative companies/alliances to drive Internet and digital growth
· Ensure that all the departments/verticals are fully aligned on digital and innovative executions to support the business.
· Report on all digital marketing activities which are published on a weekly and monthly basis, and per campaign
· Bachelor’s Degree with preferred bias in IT, Marketing, Digital, ICT or related fields
· At least 3-5 years of work experience with at least 2 years’ experience in digital marketing space.
· Experience in both digital production and digital media buying.
· Must be able to manage cross functional groups.
· Experience in product development and up to date knowledge of the internet.
· Digital marketing space knowledge and expertise
· Motivated, flexible and decisive with ability to convince and align groups with divergent views
· Customer focused
· Business awareness
· Strong analytical and strategic skills
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Teamwork and collaboration
· Technology literate
· Networking and interpersonal skills
How To Apply for Airtel Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested Candidates are invited to submit their applications to the email address below. Please attach your CV, academic qualifications and day phone contact.
Send Email to: vacancies@ug.Airtel.com and clearly indicate the email subject as “Digital and Online Media Manager”
Deadline: 14th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.