Job Title: Laboratory Technician – Alive Medical Services Jobs 2021
Organization: Alive Medical Services
Job Location: Uganda
Alive Medical Services Profile:
Alive Medical Services (AMS) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization which was established in February 2007, with its headquarters located in Kampala, Uganda. The medical centre is open 24/7. Using a community-based, client-centred and peer-led approach, AMS provides free comprehensive HIV/AIDS/Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) services to over 154,431 clients annually including over 90,700 youth, adolescent girls and young women, orphans, vulnerable and marginalized populations. AMS works in the districts of Kampala, Wakiso and Mukono, supporting 33 health facilities to provide comprehensive and differentiated high-quality HIV/AIDS and SRHR-related prevention, care, treatment and psycho-social support.
The overall goal of the programme is to contribute to improved Uganda national SRHR and HIV outcomes. It responds to the SRHR and HIV needs of vulnerable populations through the following four outcomes:
(1) Expanded access and increased use of quality, inclusive and integrated SRHR and HIV services among adolescents and young people (aged 10 – 24), and other vulnerable and key populations
(2) Increased adoption of safer sexual practices among adolescents and young people, and other vulnerable and key populations
(3) An enabling SRHR and HIV environment for adolescents and young people, and other vulnerable and key populations
(4) Strengthened institutional capacity of the implementing organisations to deliver quality and inclusive SRHR and HIV programs in Uganda.
Alive Medical Services laboratory is a level III laboratory with a vibrant quality system. AMS laboratory seeks a brilliant candidate to fill the post of a Medical Laboratory Technician. This position entails preparing for safety inspections, waste removal and maintaining inventory for the lab. In addition, the person will also perform routine diagnostic testing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to strict protocols required for clinical testing.
- Conducting and supporting scientific investigations and experiments
- Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials
- Recording and analyzing data
- Preparation of stains and reagents.
- Maintains required record keeping in compliance of national and international laboratory regulations.
- Must be a self-motivated team player.
- Must be analytical and possess excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
Minimum Qualifications for SNV Uganda Jobs 2021:
- A Diploma in Medical or Bio-medical technology.
- A minimum of three years or more of clinical experience in a busy clinical laboratory.
- Must qualify for or possess an Allied Health Professionals practising License.
- Have a high level of organizational skills including workspace and time management, as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Should be able to work under minimum supervision and should have the ability to perform highly amidst busy schedules.
- Ought to be acquainted with the Laboratory Health Management Information System (HMIS) tools and specimen workflow management.
- Should be a team player and have extensive knowledge of phlebotomy and general clinical laboratory principles and processes.
- Must possess training in LQMS, Bio-Safety and Biosecurity as well as have knowledge of the ISO 15189 standards is a PLUS.
How To Apply for SNV Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the desired qualifications and work experience as listed below, please submit your CV and Cover letter as one PDF document to the Human Resources Manager. Kindly limit your documents to a size of 2MB and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13th August 2021 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.