Job Title: Clinical Officer – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct community sensitization.
- Sensitize heads of households about the USAID/IDRC/HMS study including the household survey and the clinical survey of children.
- Seek consent for participation in the cross–‐sectional community house hold and Clinical Surveys.
- Administer the household survey questionnaire to heads of household with the research assistant.
- Map households using hand held GPS device.
- Screen and enroll household children into the clinical survey.
- Perform clinical examinations and laboratory evaluations on study participants in the clinical survey
- Appropriately manage and refer ill participants during the clinical surveys.
- Ensure accurate labelling, packaging and timely transport of all laboratory specimens from the field.
- Ensure accurate and proper completion of all study logs, questionnaires and case record forms
- Assist with organization and filing of study forms and generation of reports in collaboration with the study coordinators and data management team.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and research findings as appropriate
- Take part in regular team meetings.
- A Diploma in Clinical Medicine and community health
- At least -‐3 years progressive work experience in a clinical/research setting
- Registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council
- Good knowledge of GCP and HSP with valid certificates
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to live and work up country in Uganda
- Willing to work extra hours and travel long distances in rural settings.
- Previous experience in any community surveys will be an added advantage
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit
- Ability to speak at least one local language commonly used in Eastern Uganda
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th August 2021 at 5: 00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.