Job Title: Process Artisan – Nile Breweries Jobs 2021
Organization: Nile Breweries Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Nile Breweries Profile:
Nile Breweries Limited (NBL) was established in 1951 by a group of businessmen, associated with the Construction of Owen Falls Dam. After several ownerships, SABMiller Plc, the world’s 2nd largest brewer in the world, acquired the company in 2001 from the Madhvani family. The combined capacity of Nile Breweries Limited with two plants in Jinja and Mbarara stands at 2.45 million hectolitres of beer, making NBL the No 1 provider of locally produced beer in Uganda with a 59% market share. The company was recognized as The Investor of The Year 2015 by Uganda Investment Authority.
Jinja Plant This is the NBL heritage plant, with a total capacity of 1.8 million hectolitres of beer. The plant sources water from the Source of River Nile on Lake Victoria, giving credence to one one of its brands, Nile Special being a “True Reward from the Source”
Mbarara plant In 2011 Nile Breweries Limited undertook a study to determine whether new capacity should be added by expanding the Jinja plant or via a greenfield brewery at another location in Uganda. Work on the new Mbarara brewery in Western Uganda was completed in 2013 with a total investment $90.6 million. President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni launched the plant on August 22, 2013. Mbarara has an initial capacity of 650,000 hectoliters of beer per annum, expandable to 1.8 million hectoliters.
The total investment in the new Mbarara Brewery is $90.6 million, and follows hard on the heels of the $29 million expansion of the Jinja brewery in 2009, and the $25.6 million malting and effluent treatment plant projects in 2011, bringing our capital investment in major projects in Uganda to over $200 million in the last 5 years.
Our headquarters are situated at our main distribution depot in the capital, Kampala.
The company is now a proud part of the ABInBev family after the successful completion of the business combination with SABMiller plc.
Our brands Nile Breweries Limited is the producer of: Nile Special, Club Pilsener, Eagle Lager, Eagle Extra, Eagle Dark, Nile Gold, Castle Milk Stout, Redd’s, Redd’s Vodka Lemon, Castle Lite, Chibuku and Club Twist – a 2% ABV flavored beer.
To safely operate and maintain defined Packaging equipment and related processes in order to achieve optimal efficiency, cost objectives and consumer / customer quality.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Interpret and implement production plan for shift
- Operate manual and automatic machines on line as per standards
- Monitor production processes on shift and correct any negative trends
- Ensure process quality and productivity
- Complete associated tracking and monitoring: complete operator workstation administration and take action as required.
- Complete Team room administration as required
- Contribute to self-development
- Manage PIMS & POMS and take corrective action on negative trends
- Use QFR’s (As per triggers)
- Complete 5 WHY’s (As per triggers) with relevant team members
- Contribute towards AB reports as required
- Clean, inspect, tag and lubricate
- Perform quick fixes, adjust (fine-tune) machine settings and do changeovers
- Repair basic machine components
- Discard and replace basic machine components
- Carryout complex maintenance tasks, machine set-ups and operator coaching.
- Support the overall Packaging team initiatives and arrangements
- Apply VPO standards.
- Any other duties assigned by the team Leader
- B.Sc. Engineering degree –Electrical
- Min. National Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Good leadership potential
- Good knowledge of production processes and technologies
- Familiarity with maintenance systems e.g. COSWIN
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance practices
How To Apply for Nile Breweries Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 31st August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.