Job Title: 8 Accounts Officer Grants – Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Kampala
Ministry of Health Profile:
Uganda has graduated into the second wave of COVID-19 with a sharp increase in the number of asymptomatic, severe and critical cases as well as a significant change in the disease profile. This requires adequate resources both human and financial to contain the spread and to save lives. The ICU capacity in the entire country needs to be stepped up immediately. The medical fraternity is facing challenges of managing overwhelming emergencies without sufficient resources and highly motivated teams.
The Accounts Officer Grants is the focal person at the Regional Referral Hospital, prepare monthly fund accountability reports, monitor the MoH CDC RRH budget, prepare MOH-CDC RRH CoAg budget and work plans for new and continuous applications.
Roles and responsibilities:
Finance and Accounting
- Prepare payment vouchers for grants all CDC CoAg RRH payments
- Prepare Monthly Bank reconciliation for RRH CDC CoAg designed bank account Review activity requests received from the community Head of department and submit them to the RRH senior accountant and Director for approval
- Follow up accountabilities for fund advanced to implementers of activities Maintain ledgers and cashbook for the CDC CoAg RRH.
- Prepare and submit tax deductions like WHT to URA through the RRH main TIN/URA account.
- Ensure that VAT suppliers are registered in IFRIS before their payments are processed. Prepare quarterly VAT schedules and submit them to Senior Grants and Contracts Officer for consolidation and onward submission to CDC
- Support the RRH procurement officers in procurement of supplies and logistics for the CDC CoAg RRH mechanism
- Prepare and submit monthly budget analysis (Income and Expenditure analysis) to the Senior Grants and Contracts Officer
- Act as a bank agent for the MOH-CDC CoAg at RRH delivering and picking banking documents and withdrawing cash where necessary as well as being in charge of petty cash for MOH-CDC CoAg/ RRH office
- Maintaining an updated asset register and ensuring it is incorporated in the main register of the RRH.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related courses with a bias in Accounting.
- Must be in his/her third level of ICPAU course or an equivalent of the same level offered by any other recognized professional accountancy body.
- A minimum of two years of hands-on and verifiable prior experience working in Finance, Accounting or grants position in a busy grants funded organization or research projects. Experience, skills and other requirements
- Good computer skills with good knowledge of excel and spread sheets.
- Excellent in communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent in report writing skills.
- Have an analytical mind.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and observe deadlines.
- Prior experience working in a busy research/grant’s office will be an added advantage.
How To Apply for Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry),
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Tel. +256417-712260/ +256417-712221
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
Closing Date: Friday, 10th September 2021 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.