Job Title: Advocacy Associate – IYAFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Job Location: Kampala
IYAFP is a youth-led organization committed to supporting leadership to sustain ongoing
advocacy on implementation of existing family planning (FP) policies; build on accountability focused strategies and deepen community networks for youth friendly service (YFS). Activities under SEDA will build on successes such as the realization of policy impact, and growing a network of youth community advocates with decision makers who support YFS and FP.
We are recruiting an Advocacy Associate for IYAFP’s Sustaining Evidence-Driven Advocacy (SEDA) projects in Kampala, Uganda. SEDA succeeds the Empowering Evidence-Driven Advocacy (EEDA) project, which was an initiative designed to assess the implementation of policies related to youth-friendly FP services and their full impact on young people’s access in 5 countries, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, and Uganda.
This is a part-time, paid position which will end in December 2021. Applicants should ideally be under 30 years of age, and have experience with advocacy and experience working in family planning and with youth-led organizations. Kampala residence preferred!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be one of 4 youth in-country selected by IYAFP to serve as leads for advocacy activities per objective.
- Form and lead advocacy team towards implementation of the work plan for the advocacy objective.
- Attend and facilitate meetings and commit to reporting, accountability monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Prepare for and attend meetings on bi-weekly (at minimum) basis with the Country Manager. During the meetings, you will provide updates, timely coordinate dissemination of available resources and request any support that will further the advocacy objective.
- Attend all trainings, workshops, conferences, Regional Learning Network sessions, expert speaker series etc.
- Be present for all convenings that are a part of the team’s work plan as activities to further objectives; be it with stakeholders, decision makers, government officials, team members, technical committees, partners and or working groups.
- Commit to administrative tasks and critical deadlines towards financial accountability.
- Respond and support reporting, monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure successes within the project are measured, and challenges are met with high capacity.
- Undergraduate/college degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in public health or or a closely related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in advocacy, public health and working in Kampala; preferred demonstrable experience working with stakeholders, particularly Ministry of Health.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with youth and in family planning and/or sexual and reproductive health in diverse settings, including the facilitation of activities with youth.
- Demonstrated passion for family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Strong advocacy work fundamentals and foundation in family planning and Youth friendly Services.
- Demonstrable commitment to high-integrity, intersectional, and non-tokenistic advocacy and/or youth work.
You will impress us if:
- You have experience with the SEDA project- the google contraceptive map
- You have a strong grasp over the English Language (reading, writing & speaking).
- You have regular internet access with good bandwidth.
- You are willing to commit to advocacy activities taking place in person (IYAFP will support the candidate with PPE and hold regular consultations)
- You have a passport for potential local/regional/ international travel.
- You are committed to being responsive, in regular communication with the Country Manager.
- You are committed to all administrative tasks (submitting timesheets, expense sheets etc.)
Commitment & Pay
- This position would require you to onboard in August, and be available for 24 hours per month at $13 per hour through December 2021.
- Applications due: September 15 2021
- Interviews: September 17 – 20 2021
- Finalist interviews/case; September 20 – 22 (if needed)
How To Apply for IYAFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.