Job Title: 64 Field Interviewers – UBOS Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: UBOS/UBI/FI/21
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
The Bureau intends to conduct The Uganda Business Inquiry (UBI). It is therefore seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, results oriented, dynamic, team players of good character and high integrity to carry out the survey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify and interview selected respondents as per the enumeration manuals and survey data collection tools
- Read and correctly interpret Financial Statements
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of responses obtained from survey respondents
- Validate the data collected by checking for errors daily
- Submit duly completed questionnaires to the Team Leader
- Ensure confidentiality of all data collected
- Write field reports highlighting the unique scenarios encountered
- Ensure safety, efficient and effective use of all survey material including equipment allocated to you
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Field Interviewer job must hold a Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or any other Business related courses from a recognized Institution.
- A credit in Mathematics and English at O’ level is a MUST.
- Should have participated in data collection exercises for at least one year with a credible organisation.
- Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage
- Computer literacy skills
- Knowledge of basics accounting is a MUST
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership and team dynamics skills; and
- Presentation skills
- Should be physically fit and able to walk for long distances
How To Apply for UBOS Jobs 2021
All candidates are encouraged to submit their online applications at the link below. All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that staff with ongoing contracts with UBOS up to and including October 2021 are NOT eligible to apply.
Deadline: 21st September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.