Job Title: 16 Field Supervisors – UBOS Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: UBOS/UBI/FS/21
Reports to: Statistician Business Register & Inquiry
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Profile:
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
The Bureau intends to conduct The Uganda Business Inquiry (UBI). It is therefore seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, results oriented, dynamic, team players of good character and high integrity to carry out the survey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Validate the data collected by checking for errors for each field interviewer daily
- Submit duly completed questionnaires for the field team to UBOS Headquarters
- Ensure efficient use of field funds advanced for data collection
- Identify and interview selected respondents as per the enumeration manuals and survey data collection tools
- Read and correctly interpret Financial Statements
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of responses obtained from survey respondents
- Ensure confidentiality of all data collected
- Write and consolidate field reports highlighting unique scenarios encountered by the field team during data collection
- Ensure safety, efficient and effective use of all survey materials including equipment allocated to you
- Appraise field interviewers as per guidelines provided
- Any other duties assigned from time to time during the duration of the survey
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) Field Supervisor job must hold an honors Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or any other Business related courses from a recognized Institution.
- A credit in Mathematics and English at 0-level is a MUST.
- Should have participated in data collection exercises for at least one year with a credible organisation.
- Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added
- Leadership and team dynamic skills
- Ability to contact respondents, conduct interviews and record data accurately
- Knowledge of basic accounting is a MUST
- Computer literacy with respect to data capture and handling
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Pays attention to detail
- Sound judgment to identify and report problems to supervisors
- High quality inter-personal skills
- Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances during data collection
- Good presentation skills
How To Apply for UBOS Jobs 2021
All candidates are encouraged to submit their online applications at the link below. All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that staff with ongoing contracts with UBOS up to and including October 2021 are NOT eligible to apply.
Deadline: 21st September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.