Job Title: Environment and Social Analyst – Stanbic Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited Profile
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
The Environment and Social Analyst position will be part of the Sustainability Unit in Risk Management and will support the implementation of Stanbic Bank Uganda’s Sustainability Strategy with the aim to enhance responsible business and embed sustainability practices across the organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Environment & Social Risk Management
- Champion coordinating and embedding Environmental & Social (E&S) risk processes in line with Stanbic Bank Uganda Bank’s Environmental and Social Management System (including Equator Principles) in our credit approval processes and business operations.
- To develop effective working relationship with the Standard Bank Group E&S Risk team, Equator Principles, Group Standards.
- To identify governance and standards setting for credit, facilities and supplier management
- To support Sustainability systems in defining relevant standards across the Group and have oversight over Sustainability Initiatives by working closely with Group Real Estate Services (GRES) and Procurement Units.
Embedding Environmental & Social Risk Processes:
- Assist in the execution of agreed Environmental & Social Action Plan to timelines and standards.
- Assist in embedding centrally developed E&S risk processes/ESMS for the relevant business units within the Bank.
- Regular Matrix engagement to provide feedback on project progress and new transactions screened.
- Assist in developing road map for compliance with international frameworks with GRES and Procurement Units and monitor execution.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with the Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards
- Ensure effective governance is maintained over projects/transactions with effective escalation and coordinate periodic project site visits for matrix.
- Ensure E&S processes are reflected in the annual RCSA’s
Manage Transaction Collation & Reporting
- Maintain a log of all transactions screened/presented at new business approval committee, credit committee and advise senior management.
- Supervision and Monitoring of project finance database for reporting to international standard requirements
- Quarterly: collate information and report on transactions reviewed, funded and monitored for submission to the Head of Risk and Group E&S Risk team.
- Monitor E&S metrics on transactions (as defined by SBG E&S Risk team)
Coordinate / Manage Training and Raise Awareness
- Monitor emerging environmental and social risks and trends and develop (in combination with E&S risk and Finance) a systematic approach for early identification of emerging risks.
- Facilitate workshops, training and awareness sessions on E&S and the relevant processes within country.
- Build internal partnerships and expand upon existing relationships to create new alliances for highlighting and managing E&S financial risk and opportunities.
- Increase awareness of E&S issues through tailored training.
Support key deliverables in the Sustainability Strategy
- Drive the implementation process of Sustainability business measures and KPI’s: The measures are developed in collaboration with all business units.
- Champion the Business integration on sustainability: By feeding sustainability risks and opportunities into their sector reviews and support the SEE &Reputational risk team with their annual review of ESG policies.
- Ensure the effective implementation of agreed KPI’s: To support the success of SEE/ESG initiatives.
- Drive internal education and awareness of sustainability priorities to embed the culture of good corporate citizenship.
- Project management: ensure effective project management and oversight for key sustainability projects
- Ensure close collaboration with the business teams in all sustainability initiatives.
- Identify the Bank’s sustainability material issues and formulate business solutions that will promote environmentally friendly practices, positive social impact and good governance
Assist in the Development of New Products
- Provide support to Head, Sustainability for development of products and services on: Financial Inclusion, Women Empowerment, SME development and much more
Build and Strengthen Team Relationships
- Foster team collaboration across business functions for effective risk monitoring and mitigation
- Ensure effective interaction with colleagues on the front line of defence
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Environment and Social Analyst job should hold a bachelor’s degree in fields of study including: Business Management, Commerce, Risk Management, Environmental science, Sustainable business, business management or related fields
- A minimum of four years of experience in any of related fields above.
How To Apply for Stanbic Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.