Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021 – Program Officer (Adolescent Wellbeing (Advocacy))
Job Title: Program Officer (Adolescent Wellbeing (Advocacy)) – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children Profile:
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a programme Officer – Adolescent Wellbeing (Advocacy) at our regional Office in Gulu. The Programme officer will play a central role in ensuring increased space for Adolescent and Youth participation in programmes and policy matters that affect their wellbeing and development within the 6 underserved sub counties of Amuru, Nwoya and Omoro Districts. S/he will be responsible for mapping exiting youth led organisations, networks and actors, developing capacity development plan and strengthening their capacity on advocacy and defining advocacy agendas. Train Young Women and girls from the youth led organisation on participation, disability inclusion and gender transformative decision making at community, subcounty and district level.
Minimum Qualifications for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021:
- The ideal candidate for the Save the Children Program Officer – Adolescent Wellbeing (Advocacy) job should have two years of working experience of related advocacy employment / assignment in implementing project/ organizational advocacy strategies.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the field of humanities (e.g. Development studies, Political science, social work, communications or related field);
- Experience working with district local government and sub-county structures
- Proven experience of working directly with youth-led organisations
- The person should demonstrate experience in coordination communication and advocacy activities in NGO related contexts. The person should have a results-oriented approach and proposes ways to innovate and continuously improve the project’s advocacy work, products, practices, channels, and messaging.
- Track record in identifying capacity gaps and effectively planning relevant training
- Understanding of the key issues related to Adolescent’s and Youth’s participation in programmes and policy matters that affect their wellbeing
- Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issue, and disciplines and distill relevant advocacy strategies from them;
- Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and project implementation skills; team player and facilitator.
- Innovative, energetic, solution-orientated approach to work
- Strong planning skills with proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks and to manage own time efficiently
- Ability to understand and manage project finances
- Available and able to work in hard-to-reach areas
How To Apply for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 5th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.