Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Admin) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
The Business Support Assistant – Admin will support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Initiate and follow up on procurement of required office supplies, stationery and assets and update inventory accordingly.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff, specifically compile, update and submit (as per stipulated timeframe) attendance reports, leave plans, overtime claims and maintain an up-to-date CDP staff list and dependents.
- Take meeting minutes, proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Directly supervise administrative staff including drivers, the cleaning service providers and security guards: specifically ensure that they perform to the expectations of WFP as per vehicle maintenance policies and administrative guidelines.
- Monitor fuel consumption by WFP vehicles and generators; directly compile fuel consumption reports and supporting documents.
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes.
- Perform other related duties as per management requests
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant – Admin job placement must hold a University degree in Business Administration, financial and admin management
- Proven ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
- Business Support Services & Reporting: Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.
- Internal Controls & Risk Management: Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.
- Resource Management: Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
- Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services: Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.
- Customer Focus: Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 22nd October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.