Job Title: Regional Laboratory Coordinator – JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: JCRC Lubowa site
Reports to: QA/QC Technical Advisor
Joint Clinical Research Centre Profile:
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
The Regional Laboratory Coordinators will with support of the QA/QC technical advisor offer mentorship, audit, training on ISO 15189, ISO 17043 to laboratories in the respective regions to ensure progress on the SMLTA model, achieving of international accreditation to ISO 15189/17043, and sustaining of accreditation for sites already accredited. The incumbents shall be responsible for making input to designing, and implementing some of the strategies for improvement of laboratory services developed by Quality manager, quality assurance specialists and the QA/QC technical advisor.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Providing technical assistance to laboratories to implement document lifecycle for quality assurance policies and procedures
- Providing technical assistance to interpret and implement quality assurance standards and procedures
- Support accredited laboratories to establish and implement quality management plans in line with the national strategy to sustain accreditation
- Conduct gap analysis at supported laboratories through focused audits and risk assessment, address gaps in collaboration with regional IPs and monitor effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions.
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality assurance data into national quality assurance dashboards
- Participate in support supervision of selected laboratories for improvement of service delivery
- Conduct site mentorships for identified gaps in the areas of quality and birosik management
- Support regional referrals to establish EQA management systems based on ISO 17043 as part of decentralization of EQA provision.
- Participate in well documented internal audits and other quality assurance activities, and ensure such activities achieve intended outcomes.
- Support online training activities through coordinating targeted sites to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the planned training.
- Work with regional IPs to support conducting competence assessment of internal audits in the supported laboratories
- Work with regional IPs to Investigate customer complaints, turnaround time violations for critical tests and other non-conformance issues
- Work with supported accredited laboratories to evaluate feasibility of adding scope tests for accreditation.
- Coordinate conducting of management reviews for all supported sites, equipment verification and measurement uncertainty and inform stakeholders at national and regional levels on matters arising.
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Participate in and where applicable organize external audits by 2nd party and 3rd party assessors and ensure intended outcomes of such assessments are achieved.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Laboratory technology/ Sciences with at least 3 years’ experience in a health systems strengthening project.
- Full and active registration with the Allied Health Professionals council.
- Training in Quality management systems based on ISO 15189; Management review for QMS based on ISO 15189; Corrective action, Preventive action, risk management for QMS based on ISO 15189, ISO 19011 auditing guidelines of QMS based on ISO 15189, statistical process control
- Training in Biorisk management and knowledge on ISO 35001
- Experience in implementing ISO 17043 is an added advantage
- Experience in supporting a laboratory to exit the SLMTA CQI model
- Exposure to ILAC, SANAS TG/TR guidelines
- Experience in supporting at least two laboratories to achieve international accreditation to ISO 15189.
- Attention to detail; communication skills – verbal and written; data collection, management and analysis; problem analysis and problem solving; planning and organizing; sound judgment; decision-making skills; customer service orientation; effective interaction with stakeholders; teamwork
How To Apply for JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
All applications must be addressed to:
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: email@example.com
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Closing Date: Friday 19th November, 2021 at 5:00pm.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.