Job Title: Programme Officer (Education) – UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNICEF Uganda
Job Location: Mbarara, Uganda
UNICEF Uganda Profile:
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Under the general supervision of the Education Specialist provides professional technical assistance and support for programme design, planning and implementation, management and evaluation of activities under all the three outputs of the Basic Education and Adolescent Development programme , data analysis and progress reporting, in support of achievement of programme goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Contribute to country programmes by supporting knowledge management through providing professional assistance in data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of “lessons learned” and other corporate-level databases.
- Participate in information exchange with partners as well as in the development of training and orientation material by providing professional technical assistance. Participate in the preparation of, and making professional contribution to, the preparation of programme reports required for the management.
Programme Development and Management
- Provide professional technical assistance in the preparation of the Situation Analysis for development and management of Early Childhood Development, Quality Education and Adolescent Development outputs of the Basic Education and Adolescent Development programme, by collecting and analyzing data and monitoring implementation progress. Contribute to the identification of critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system; analyze country level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects. Draft or prepare programme work plans as required. Propose adjustments/changes in work plans. Propose program recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices for supervisor.
Optimum Use Of Program Funds
- Monitors programme implementation progress and compliance. Monitors the allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated. Takes appropriate recommendations or actions to optimize use of programme funds.
Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
- Undertakes field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
- Collaborate with partners to carry out a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation and participate in the major programme evaluation exercises in consultation with the Representative, the Operations Officer, the Evaluation Officer and others to improve efficiency and quality of programme delivery. Participate in annual sector review meetings with government counterparts. Collaborate and prepare annual program status reports in a timely manner, as required.
Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
- Support rights-based programmes approach in the formulation of programme goals and objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks. Collaborate with partners and assist in the strengthening of quality of child rights-based programmes consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of programmes and projects. Contribute to coherence, synergy and added value to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management approach to programme planning and design.
- Provide professional technical assistance in preparing viable recommendations on project implementation, alternative approaches, and optimal utilization of resources that contribute effectively to the fulfilment of the rights of children and women, and recommendations on programme, new initiatives and management issues to ensure achievement of stated objectives.
National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability
- Provide government authorities with technical assistance and supports in planning and organizing training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
- Promote and maintain the building and reinforcing of the commitment and institutional capacities of the national and local partners by identifying these partners and partnerships and providing continuous supports, coordination and collaboration for sustainability.
Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
- Analyze programme related issues and policies from a children’s and women’s rights perspective and advocacy at the community and family levels for elevating credibility in national policy debates. Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication.
Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration.
- Facilitate partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate development data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implementation and movement/distribution of supplies..
- Collaborate with the Operations Section to establish and maintain sound internal controls supportive of programming endeavours and to coordinate financial and supply management requirements and accountability. Approve allocation and disbursement of funds ensuring they are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated in accordance with the programme budget allotments (PBA).
- Maintain close collaboration with the Programme team at Kampala office for technical support and overall coordination.
- Provide professional support in provision of technical advice, negotiation, advocacy and promotion of Basic Education and Adolescent Development programme goals at local and national levels , leading to agreement on practicable and priority actions to be supported by UNICEF programme.
Minimum Qualifications for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal applicant must hold a University degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in conflict resolution.
- At least two years of relevant professional work experience.
- Field work experience in related area of work.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How To Apply for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates desiring to serve the United Nations in the aforementioned capacity should express their interest by visiting the UN recruitment website at the link below.
Deadline: 14th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.