Job Title: Protection Assistant (Reception) – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda (DRC)
Duty Station: Rhino Camp
Reports to: Team Leader Protection
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The Reception Centre Assistant is responsible for all activities in reception, geared at supporting new arrival refugees until their settlement within the villages.
Roles and responsibilities of DRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
Project development, implementation and reporting
- Supervise all the contracted national and refugee staff working in the facility such as cooks, guards, cleaners, and loaders, and reception center assistant and storekeeper / logistic assistant.
- Timely identification and referral of protection cases for immediate intervention by various stakeholders
- Monitor proper records of the items delivered by UNHCR, DRC and WFP.
- Provide daily situational reports about the status of the facility including number of new arrivals while taking in to account AGD.
- In collaboration with OPM and UNHCR, ensure that new arrivals are registered prior to relocation to the villages
- Timely reporting of gaps identified at the reception center to the Protection Team Leader.
- Monitor and support the coordination of services and assistance in the reception center among DRC and other stakeholders involved in the reception center, including OPM and UNHCR
- Receive and handle complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and refer to relevant actors within the facility.
- Regularly submit food request to World Food Program to release food for hot meal for new arrivals and share reviewed food utilization report by Supervisor to WFP in timely manner.
- Monitor stock of food, fire wood and other consumables and place order in time to the relevant actors to avoid shortage, by taking into consideration of DRC supply chain lead time.
- Oversee and ensure that hot meal provision is conducted in an accessible and accountable manner while considering Ministry of Health and WHO COVID -19 prevention SOP’s.
- Ensure that all documentation and necessary procedures for the provision of hot meals are observed; in cases where accepted standards of service provision in these sectors need be deviated from, provide justifications to and seek approval of the supervisor
- Write daily, weekly reports and assist in writing monthly reports as required by his / her supervisor;
- Ensure daily feedback on urgent issues reported by the new arrivals is provided in timely manner to beneficiaries and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in settlement coordination meetings time to time as required by the Supervisor
- Receive new arrivals and asylum seekers; brief them about the different services, dos and don’ts of reception center.
- Receive and attend to key stakeholders visiting the reception center with close collaboration with the Supervisor.
- Ensure that hygiene is promoted and maintained in the reception Centre by closely supervising the activities of the cleaners and timely release of cleaning materials.
- Attend to any other duties to support other protection sub-sectors and base camp management activities assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure activities implementation are compliant with SPHERE standards and the DRC Code of Conduct;
Coordination and representation
- Develop relationships with a range of key stakeholders, OPM and other stakeholders on the activities of the reception Centre in close liaison with the Protection Team Leader.
- Representation of DRC and active participation in the thematic working groups and any other meeting as requested.
- Close co-ordination in project implementation with partners (UN agencies and national/international NGOs), including referrals, reception Centre gap analysis, advocacy.
- Work closely with the other program components to maximize program output and impact.
Staff development and management
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the Protection Assistants, Volunteers and community-based structures working within the facility.
- Develop casual’s performance targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles on accountability.
Support management team to:
- Follow up all DRC / DDG Procedures for Security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
- Uphold DRC’s international code of conduct and principles of accountability.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions.
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points
- Assist in participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected persons of concern
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results.
On request, perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with vulnerable communities especially , new arrivals,asylum seekers and refugees, basic needs and protection programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Training in General Protection.
- Experience of working with UN or International Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness to a large group of people i.e. effective communication to affected persons.
- Computer skills i.e. Excel and Word
- Good self-organization and basic management skills.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation for UN-funded projects desired.
- A University degree or Diploma in social sciences, Development Studies, SWASA, Guidance and Counselling or relevant fields.
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken by South Soudanese and Congolese refugee is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 31st December, 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.