Plan International Uganda Jobs 2022 – Field Engineer
Job Title: Field Engineer – Plan International Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Plan International Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Plan International Profile:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
The Field Engineer is primarily responsible to provide technical oversight and supervision and ensure quality assurance to Plan International Uganda’s construction works to ensure that they are performed within the policies of Plan Inc., and the relevant standards, laws and regulations. The incumbent shall provide technical support to all engineering related work to ensure that the processes are followed for quality and timely results.
Roles and Responsibilities of Plan International Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Support construction and WASH needs assessment and approval process of construction drawings and BoQs.
- Provides Management with the necessary information/data to efficiently and effectively take decisions to deliver on engineering work.
- Responsible to ensure all operational aspects follow and meet all global, country and statutory policies, guidelines.
- Support field office in timely development and submission of project BoQs and drawings to country office for approval.
- Support monitoring and technical supervision of construction works, ensuring quality, timely completion by contractors and adherence to civil engineering BoQs, drawings and specifications.
- Ensure adherence to construction health and safety standards, environmental management and mitigation measures during construction
- Train and guide the field team members on daily monitoring of constructions.
- Support the procurement process of contractors in line with Plan procurement guidelines
- Liaison with key stakeholders such as District Engineers, UNHCR, OPM for progress monitoring in respect to the construction works.
- Institute processes and mechanisms for inspection and supervision of contractors’ works up to completion including the Defects Liability Period
- Represent Plan International Uganda at the kick-off of major constructions and during routine and non-routine meetings with contractors.
- Develop designs for different infrastructural projects including school constructions, latrines, health units, boreholes, in conformity to the Ministry specifications.
- Ensure quality and professional workmanship is done by the contractor, according to best building practices and the employer’s approval. Conduct verification/ assessment of school infrastructure needs in the districts.
- Assess and approve the quality of materials delivered on site by contractors at every construction stage.
- Supervise contractors compliance with the Social Environment Action Plan (SEAP) as provided in the Construction Contract
- Provide cost control, valuing and recommendation of contractor’s payment.
- Ensure child safeguarding and gender mainstreaming during construction works.
- Preparation of detailed inception, construction progress, and final inspection reports.
- Follow up of any issues that may arise during the construction and defects liability period.
Compliance and Management of Risks
- Security: Oversee security planning and management in the country and ensure that all Plan offices (CO and PUs) have developed standard operating procedures (SOPs) and contingency plans consistent with global security policy. The HoO is the chair of the Security Review Team.
- Child Protection: ensure the compliance and coherence of Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect children from all forms of abuse.
- Health and Safety: ensures implementation of health and safety standards during work in compliance with the communities and country laws and the global health and safety policy;
- Loss and Incident reporting: report timely and consistently all losses and incidents, including updates, to CO.
- Legal and regulatory: oversees the review of agreements and contracts and ensure compliance with the country laws and regulation, ensure the interface with the legal advisors.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Minimum Qualifications for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant must hold a University degree in Civil Engineering/ Quantity Surveying
- A minimum of three years post qualification experience.
- At least three years’ experience working areas in the Humanitarian development field
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in development of bills of quantities for various infrastructure development.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in management of big and multiple construction projects.
- Excellent skills in risk management and demonstrated ability of managing audits.
- Excellent Computer Knowledge especially Engineering software (Autocad, Archicad, Structural design software)
- Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft applications like excel, word, power point.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing environment.
- Ability to communicate and negotiation at different levels and effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues with diverse experiences
- A high level of integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and public speaking
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Influence and communication:
- Uses the potential of varied cultures to reach solutions;
- Forms good relationships quickly with wide range of people, including those in positions of power and who have different views/ interests;
- Represents Plan effectively in external stakeholder organisations;
- Understands external and internal politics and able to navigate these;
- Effective negotiator in complex situations;
- Assertive without being aggressive.
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 11th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.