DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2022 – Protection Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Job Title: Protection Assistant (Maternity Cover) – DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
DanChurchAid (DCA) Profile:
The protection assistant will contribute to the successful design and implementation of protection mainstreaming in project interventions in refugee Settlements for both Arua and Yumbe Humanitarian Projects with expertise in areas of protection. The Protection assistant will therefore work across all project activities providing oversight of protection issues and training project team members. He / she is part of the field implementation team together with field assistants. He / she will ensure that protection issues are addressed in line with DCA, OPM and UNHCR strategies. The Protection Officer will allocate duties to the Protection assistant based on project needs, skills, resources, and that, she / he acquires skills on cash-based interventions (CBI) and MMT. The incumbent must have the ability to forge strong partnerships with government entities, UN agencies and NGOs to facilitate the operation’s protection objectives under the CRRF approach.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work closely with all the projects assistants, resolve the issues and make decisions regarding criteria identification, selection, verification, and graduation of Persons Of Concern (POCs) targeted for livelihoods assistance, Environment and Energy assistance.
- Engage with relevant staff and other support staff to put in place a PSEA detailed implementation plan into livelihoods, Environment and Energy assistance projects.
- Contribute to the design of systems for feedback mechanism and ensure accountability specifically to refugees, local communities, Office of the Prime Minister (OPM), donors and other stakeholders.
- Together with other DCA staff, implement all cash based and livelihoods activities and provide necessary support to staff whilst embedding greater adherence to core principle of protection in cash programming.
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic, and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Implement core principles of social cohesion in all cash programming primarily on targeting, distribution, and training activities.
- Participate in learning activities provided by Humanitarian Advisors, Kampala office and document skills acquired.
- Participate and undertake refugee eligibility and status determination to become a beneficiary of DCA interventions ensuring compliance with DCA procedural standards and international protection principles.
- Together with Data Management Officer ensure that DCA age, gender and diversity approach to protection is consistently applied through community-based protection methods.
- Build the protection capacity of all staff to assume their responsibilities vis-à-vis all persons of concern through protection training, mainstreaming and related activities.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participate in organizing special missions to the project including donors, senior management, and technical advisor visits.
- Maintain a folder comprised of a full set of M&E tools in project office for easy access by all Project staff, and update the respective project folders in PPD.
- Verify accuracy and validity of M&E data submitted by Project partners and community mobilisers before submission to M&E team.
- Complete data entry for the monthly implementation by last day of the month & generate monthly reports.
- In liaison with the MEAL team, play a key role in organizing project M&E events including midterm and end of project evaluation.
- Play a key role in generating donor reports at field level ensuring the accuracy and validity of information provided.
- Ensure that meaningful photos are taken, stored in project album, and shared via project reports, newsletters, case studies, stories, and notice boards, as well as uploaded on PPD.
- Manage, train, and build the capacity of community mobilizers and staff in line with PSEA, complaints handling and protection mainstreaming elements.
- Participate in regular staff meetings.
- Provide timely technical and managerial support to field staff in line with Protection.
- Ensure, in liaison with the protection officer that team members operate in a secure environment and comply with security procedures, policies and Humanitarian Standards.
Reporting and Accountability
- Actively contribute to data gathering and timely reporting as requested by the protection officer.
- Maintain an open dialogue with the beneficiaries to promote transparency and accountability including contributing to and implementing the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Identify, document, and disseminate best practices gained from livelihood and Environment and energy interventions in the settlement.
- Share responsibility to maintain refugee community participation mechanisms in the settlement, ensuring that the voices of men, women, boys and girls and groups with specific needs are heard and represented.
- Provide advice and guidance on protection issues to field staffs dealing directly to persons of concern.
Representation and Coordination
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with DCA staff, national and local authorities, international and national organizations as well as technical focal points in Environment and energy, food security and livelihoods, coordinate all planned projects with other Implementing partners (IPs), OPM, District / local government and donors to ensure consistency with cluster priorities.
- Contribute to and facilitate a program of results-based protection programming through a consultative process with sector and/or cluster partners.
- Coordinate DCA program activities with OPM, local government and other nationals and international agencies/organizations.
- Prepare communication materials (e.g., photos, case studies etc.) and share with Kampala team to profile DCA protection work in Bidibidi.
- Liaise with UNHCR protection desk officer to ensure coordination of serious protection concerns.
- Participate in all relevant protection working group activities.
- The ideal candidate for the DanChurchAid (DCA) Protection Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in, Development studies, Social works and Social Administration or any equivalent from a recognized academic institution is required.
- Additional qualifications in value chain development will be an added advantage.
- At least three years of proven experience in analysis of Protection sectors, preferably in Humanitarian Operation in northern Uganda.
- Proven track record in capacity building through providing advisory services and process facilitating, having demonstrated competences in power point presentations.
- Knowledge of community sensitization community engagements.
- Working knowledge of BDS (Business Development Services) tools.
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusion concepts.
- Team player with networking abilities at the national and regional levels, combined with result orientation. Strong intercultural skills.
- Computer skills and ability to work in a challenging and dynamic context.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How To Apply for DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through the link below.
- DCA offers a salary package (Salary, Insurance & Pension) in accordance with the experience & DCA Uganda HR Manual.
- DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status, religious, political, or ethnic affiliation.
- While we appreciate your interest to work with DCA, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 21st February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.