Job Title: Energy and Environment Assistant – DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Arua-Imvepi
Reports to: Energy & Environment Officer
DanChurchAid (DCA) Profile:
Working under the leadership of Energy and Environment Officer, the Energy and Environment Assistant will ensure the implementation of all the Energy and Environment interventions in the areas of operations. He / She is responsible for the roll out and implementation of project activities and facilitate quality impact – focused interventions. He / She will be responsible for the development, ongoing support and daily technical backstopping of all Energy and Environment activities under DCA in Imvepi. He / She will work closely with all team members, partners, Counterparts and Stakeholders in ensuring project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner
Roles and responsibilities:
- Together with the Energy & Environment Officer, resolve issues and making decisions regarding criteria for identification, Selection, Verification and Graduation of Beneficiaries targeted for the Energy and Environment Project.
- Participate in assessments to identify gaps & opportunities to strengthen & expand environment interventions in Imvepi.
- Responsible for the establishment of woodlots in the area of operation and maintaining the existing woodlots.
- Support in the designing of appropriate interventions to Imvepi context to improve Charcoal production such as deployment of improved production technologies, switch to alternative sources of biomass, and Re-afforestation program.
- Supervising the Construction of energy saving stoves at household and institutional levels.
- Work closely to refugees, local communities, Office of the Prime minister (OPM), donors and other Stakeholders in implementing all the planned activities.
- Closely follow-up on day-to-day implementation of energy and environment project activities and take corrective action to achieve key result indicators and goals as specified in the work plan.
- Ensure that the project beneficiaries i.e., Refugee and host communities are participating as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of the project.
- Conducting environmental awareness campaigns and collect lessons learned, best practices, case studies and support knowledge management.
- Prepare timely activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Prepare and submit weekly work plan to the supervisor.
- Participate in assessments, surveys and other monitoring and evaluation plus the project reporting needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Renewable energy, environmental Science and natural resources, forestry, or a degree in a related field with commensurate work Experience.
- Three year working experience in the related field.
- Knowledge and experience in agriculture, forestry, renewable energy, and energy saving practices, or income generating activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, Communication, public speaking and strategic planning skills required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, fluency in Lugbara /Aringa, Kakwa, and Madi is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Experience in working with the humanitarian sector is desirable.
- Strong ability to adapt, manage changes and work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid ridding permit is an added advantage
How To Apply for DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through the link below.
Closing Date: 27th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.