Ministry of Works Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Accountant
Job Title: Accountant – Ministry of Works Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Ministry of Works and Transport
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Salary Grade: SGR 6
Ministry of Works and Transport Profile:
The Ministry of Works and Transport exists to formulate policies, plans, set standards, build capacity, carryout advocacy, regulate, monitor, and evaluate the works and transport sector. The Ministry also provides policy and strategic guidance to parastatal bodies under its supervision namely Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA), Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Standard Gauge Railway and Uganda Railways Corporation (URC).
About the Project:
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR Project is being implemented as a regional project with Uganda’s Partner States of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
To perform accounting duties involving tracking accountability, vouching for completeness, up-dating and maintaining books of accounts and, producing routine financial statements and reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Examining correctness of payment requests, completeness of documentation and certify requisition or, transactions for further processing:
- Verifying receipts, match and undertake reconciliation of invoices and Local Purchase Orders for goods and services procured prior to effecting payments
- Compiling accountability returns, verify and retire advance ledgers
- Maintaining primary financial records and up-to-date books of account:
- Preparing periodic reconciliations of financial statements and carry out monthly cash book reconciliations to bank statements
- Verifying payroll change requests and reports to ensure correctness of computations, payments and deductions: certify and follow-up approval and payment to beneficiaries.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Finance majoring in Accounting and possession of at least Level Il of ACCA or CPA.
- At least two (2) years’ experience as an accountant in a reputable organization.
- Financial Management: Team work; Planning Organising and Coordination; effective Communication; Ethics and Integrity: Result orientation; Computer Literacy.
How To Apply for Ministry of Works Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified candidates Ugandan Nationals meeting the above requirements may submit their written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a photocopy of your national ID and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Project Coordinator,
Standard Gauge Railway Project,
- O. Box 27756, Kampala.
Applications should be delivered to the SGRP reception, Nakawa Business Park, Block D, 4th floor
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for.
Deadline: 30th May 2022 before 5:00 PM
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.