Laterite Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Research Analyst (Agriculture)
Job Title: Research Analyst (Agriculture) – Laterite Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Laterite Uganda
Duty Station: The role is based in Amsterdam or in any of our East African offices (Kigali, Nairobi, Kampala, Addis Ababa, Dar es Salaam)
Laterite Uganda Profile:
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm specialized in complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
We currently have offices in the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The team brings together more than 60 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000+ enumerators across all countries. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization, and we welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our team. Learn more: www.laterite.com
We are looking for a new Analyst to join our team and focus on our portfolio of projects in the Agriculture sector. We are looking for a recent graduate with an interest in agricultural economics, agricultural livelihoods, agronomic best practices, agriculture-based development economics and impact evaluation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As part of our Research Team, you will be able to develop skills and experience in:
- Technical research design, including sampling and impact evaluation methodologies.
- Project management and client communication.
- Data analysis, statistical techniques and coding.
- Report writing: drawing insights from data and presenting them in a client-ready, consultancy quality format.
- The applicant should have completed a Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics or related fields
- One year of professional experience with similar tasks. (We are happy to consider internships, work on dissertations or within an academic research group for this, if you can show us how your experience meets what we are looking for.)
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and proficiency in Stata
- Experience working with ODK-based platforms (e.g., SurveyCTO, ODK, CommCare)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Previous work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to work in a collaborative environment.
How To Apply for Laterite Uganda Jobs 2022
The first step is to complete a 30-minute numeracy and literacy assessment for which no special preparation is needed. Link to assessment: https://form.jotform.com/221461310738550
Successful candidates will then be invited to upload their CV and cover letter via our online application system.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply ASAP. For more information about how rolling applications work and about our recruitment process in general, please refer to our Careers page: laterite.com/careers.
Deadline: 30th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.