World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Office Assistant
Job Title: Office Assistant – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Kamwenge, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Roles and responsibilities:
Logistics and administration support
- Screening incoming telephone calls, mails, inquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate, including relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries.
- Maintain a database of assets.
- Managing a filing system for record control of key documents.
- Provide logistical support and back-up in the planning of meetings and workshops.
- Maintaining supplies/logistics inventory and preparing requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
- Related support including secretarial duties as required such as timely printing, photocopying and binding of documents.
- Collect documents and photocopy and binding articles in line with the programs strategy
- Collect utility items from the store whenever required
Support to staff
- Providing information and guide staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements.
- Facilitate and support staff on logistical and administrative requirements such as travels, follow up on requisitions, etc on regular basis
- Support staff on follow-up of internal communications and actions.
- Prepare and serve break and evening tea to all staff as well as washing utensils for the office
- Organize and packing workshop materials to support training activities
Support to meeting/fora
- Compile calendar/s of key events.
- Support planning of the events and meetings.
- Follow up on meeting invitations through emails and phones as is appropriate.
- Planning for and managing logistics for cluster/regional/departmental meetings and other forums such as workshops and reflection/ learning events.
Plan for guest logistics:
c) Scheduled meetings, entry and exit briefs, etc.
d) Handle check in and out of guests from hotels.
e) Support guest’s general needs like shopping, Church service
- Following up with all staff on submission of their monthly reports.
- Following up with responsible staff on status implementation of key action points and decisions from the meetings/fora.
- Ensure that the office is kept tidy and clean through regular cleaning of office premises and the compound
Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
- Preferably a diploma holder.
- Experience in office administration
- Knowledge in logistical operations
- Excellent customer care and public relations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Very strong relational and communication skills.
- Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be hardworking, courteous and friendly
- Must be able to work in a team, with minimum supervision and flexibility
- Must be able to stay calm in stressful moments
- Computer literate
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 8th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.