Nile Breweries Jobs 2022 – Artisan
Job Title: Artisan – Nile Breweries Jobs 2022
Organization: Nile Breweries Limited
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Nile Breweries Profile:
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
Role and Responsibilities:
Housekeeping and Safety
- Always operate in a safe manner, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate AbInBev policies and procedures, carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties
- Provide specialist support to the shift-based teams during operations.
- This will include standby and day shift support.
- Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving.
- This must be undertaken in support of the process artisan
- Where requested, provide guidance and advice to the shift-based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes Where requested, provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams
- Take part, as functional expert, in regional and central office plant optimization trials
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required.
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner.
- Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feed back to the maintenance planner for direction. This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritizing outstanding work.
- Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks in during planned maintenance windows.
- Partake in maintenance postmortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learnings from maintenance activities.
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem-solving techniques.
- If required, additional resources may be called in to assist.
- Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the Technician in accordance with the CM schedule
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs.
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action. Where required, specialist assistance may be called in. This may include internal resources such as Instrument Technicians, or external resources such as Contractors or Suppliers
- Where repairs indicate that major work is required, such as re-wiring a motor, this must be transferred to the engineering workshop for attention.
- Verify that where running repairs have been carried out, this has addressed the problem.
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the Technician has carried out. This includes all COSWIN inputs.
- Where running repairs cannot be carried out, communicate this to the Maintenance Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned window.
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem-solving approach to resolve.
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Engineer for direction.
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request Take part, as functional expert, in FFA’s on request.
Key attributes and competencies:
- Proficient in MS Excel, Power point, Word, and MS project
- In depth understanding of maintenance related systems e.g., RCM, TPM, CMMS(COSWIN), Condition monitoring, RAM, etc.
- Good communication skills
- Strong influencing ability
Minimum Qualifications for Nile Breweries Jobs 2022
- Minimum- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience as a machine specialist, maintenance artisan in an appropriate environment
How To Apply for Nile Breweries Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 5th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.