Diploma Front Desk Officer – World Vision Uganda
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Organization: World Vision
Duty Station: Uganda
The front desk officer will be responsible for reception area management including receiving guests, receiving and transferring phone calls, sorting correspondences, answering client queries and ordering department supplies.
The job holder will be responsible for maintaining the reception area clean and organized, updating records and files, maintaining the boardroom schedules.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Front Desk Operations / Customer Care
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate. This will include receiving and relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries where possible.
- Ensure that incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s).
- Direct WVU visitors to the appropriate offices and act as first point of contact for external stake holders and represent positive image of WVU.
- Responsible for the timely distribution of mails, correspondences, newspapers to all offices and maintain accountability.
- Assist guests who have inquiries and provide clients with information on WVU activities, guide them to the appropriate ministry departments for support and engage them in a professional, respectful manner.
- Maintain a clean and welcoming front desk and waiting area atmosphere at all times. Reception area should be kept tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and reading material.
- Ensure that office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises are securely closed.
Administrative support/ Clerical Support:
- Support department and division procurement processes, through PROVISION; follow up on requisitions.
- Raise cash requests and process small claims, in line with finance requirements.
- Update and schedule boardroom meetings, support with meeting logistics and preparations.
- Process monthly telephone bills, review codes and ensure correct budget codes are attached to invoices.
- Order department supplies and stationery, maintain inventory of stock, advice on replenishments.
- Develop and maintain office administration secretarial systems related to filing of documents, record management, communication (telephone, fax correspondences) and basic office services in line with administration guidelines.
- Work in liaison with department focal persons to coordinate meetings, events and ensure adequate logistical support is provided
- Process all office utility bills, subscriptions and payments for supplies, in liaison with the Administration assistant.
- Prepare monthly utility reports and submit for management review.
- Maintain records and files of petty cash payments and ensure reconciliations are done with finance team.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Diploma / higher education in secretarial studies, business administration or related field.
- One year of experience in the same job.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
All those interested in working with us should apply online via our application portal.
Closing Date: 9th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.