Office Administrator – KQ Hub Africa
Job Title: Office Administrator
Organization: KQ Hub Africa
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities
1. Answer and direct phone calls
2. Organize and schedule appointments
3. Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
4. Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
5. Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
6. Develop and maintain a filing system
7. Update and maintain office policies and procedures
8. Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
9. Maintain contact lists
10. Book travel arrangements
11. Support in submission and reconciliation of expense reports
12. Provide general support to visitors
13. Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients,
14. Liaise with executive and administrative officers to handle requests and queries form the management of the organization.
15. Liaising with suppliers and contractors
16. Liaising with staff in other departments, e.g. finance, HR, programs
17. Working in an office full time unless when in the field or public holidays or leave days.
18. Other duties as they may a raise
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
1. The applicant must hold a degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
2. Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant or Office Admin Assistant
3. Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
4. Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers
5. Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
6. Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
7. Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
9. Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. You must know how to keep yourself and others organized and how to determine which tasks are the most important in a given list.
10. Decision-making: make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
11. Communications and collaboration: collaborate with other administrators and support personnel, management and clients on a regular basis.
12. Interpersonal skills to deal with other stakeholders.
Interested candidates should send their:
A CV – which should detail your key skills, employment or voluntary experience relevant to this role, including responsibilities held and relevant education or vocational training. Please include two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer or someone else who has worked with you in a capacity relevant to this role. They will not be approached until after the interviews and with permission from you.
A cover letter (2 pages of A4 max) – telling us why you are interested in this position, how your skills and experience meet the needs of the role and any support or development you require to be successful in the position.
Please send your documents to our Human Resource Manager at email@example.com with the subject header Mentioning the job you are applying for and your full name. For example, “Media and Communications Manager – Jon Doe”
Closing Date: 28th February 2023.
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us, within one month after the closure of the receipt of online applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
Hard copies of applications SHALL NOT be accepted.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.