Human Resource Assistant – Raising The Village
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Organization: Raising The Village
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
Human Resource Administration
- Ensure efficiency of the transactional human resource responsibilities (administration, candidates’ background checks, drafting various HR correspondences, handling onboarding and exit procedures etc.)
- Provide administrative and logistical support to staff training and development programs
- Support the coordination of the logistical requirements for various staff engagements, events and projects
- Assist generally in the human resource recruitment activities (job adverts, interviews, contracts, and personnel files).
- Support in maintaining the recruitment resource database and dashboard.
- General filing to ensure staff personnel files are kept up to date.
- Support in the processing of documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Assist all departments with admin related tasks upon request including photocopying, filing, arranging meetings, taking minutes, etc.
- Support in organizing all staff events like team building, weekly meetings.
- With support from the HR Officer, provide orientation for new employees by
- Providing information packets and ensuring that the tools of work are provided to the new hire.
- Ensure that reception services are provided in a manner that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to.
- Ensure that all incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s).
- Ensure that Office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises securely closed.
- Report all faulty landlines to the service provider and ICT Department. Continue to follow up until closed. Update staff of status via email.
- Log and distribute packages delivered to the office and ensure acknowledgment by the recipients accordingly.
- Log all outgoing packages and notify recipients. Ensure recipient acknowledges/signs upon receipt.
- Ensure all front desk resources, forms and handbooks are current and updated regularly
- Be the custodian of keys for pantry/reception and kitchen doors.
- Ensure cleanliness of the office by supervising Office Cleaner and ensure maintenance needs are raised to the operations Department
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or any related discipline.
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in human resources, customer services, office administration, and management.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in HR and office administration.
- Strong Organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with trends and best practices.
- Experience working with an International NGO.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of HR information.
- Well-organized and process-oriented and with strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform with limited supervision.
- Excellent IT skills including HRIS, MS Office, and Google Suite.
Interested applicants should submit their applications via the link below:
Closing Date: not later than 20th FEB 2023
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.