Administrative Assistant – UNIDO Uganda
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform general administrative tasks such as arrangements for meetings, events, study tours, trainings and workshops.
- Provide logistical support to international consultants, national consultants, and visiting UNIDO staff members and in organizing meetings, study tours and workshops at the field level and travel requests and expense reports when required
- Monitor disbursements, commitments and budget allocations and availability for the FO.
- Consult to clarify the application of new financial and procurement rules and procedures, TC guidelines and other instructions
- Collect and compile all data and documents for bi-annual reports, annual reports, service providers’ reports and other reports as required.
- Keep track of FO budget expenditures; follow-up on status of contracts for the FO, provide information on the FO, draw the supervisor’s attention to problems encountered.
- Maintain project equipment inventories (both paper and electronic asset management) and ensure appropriate use.
- Prepare/compile relevant documents and when applicable using SAP, initiate and follow up on actions related to trainings and study tours
- Purchase of equipment/goods and services, travel requests/claims, recruitment, visa applications
- Deal with all related inquiries in coordination with the FO as well as all project team in Uganda.
- Assist with on boarding of new project personnel in Uganda.
- Assist in drafting regular and/or ad-hoc reports on FO activities.
- Carry out ad-hoc assignments and research activities, as required.
- Maintain all FO related files (both paper and electronic) and databases related to work.
- Completed higher secondary education (high school diploma or equivalent), is required
- Formal administrative/secretarial/clerical training or equivalent, is desirable.
- A minimum of six (6) years of work experience in the related fields of the post, is required.
- Experience in office procedures and practices, preferably within the UN system or in a multicultural environment, is desirable.
- Experience in project administration, accounting and finance, providing support to managerial/professional staff and using administrative skills to assist in the execution of project development and implementation of work, is required.
- Experience and proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), internet, is required.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP software is required.
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply online via the link below:
Application deadline: May 2nd, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.