Job Title: 2 Logistics Graduate Trainees
Organization: Food for the Hungry (FH/U) Uganda
Roles and responsibilities:
- Record and track procurement requisitions from the different FH offices within the Lamwo Area Program
- Review the submitted procurement requisitions for completeness and accuracy in terms of approval levels and specifications etc.
- Prepare solicitation documents such as requests for quotation/proposals, letters of invitation, actions on advertisement and tendering, for approval etc.
- Prepare and place purchase orders and contracts with suppliers or service providers for goods, services and works.
- Prepare Comparative Bid Analysis reports for consideration by the Program Area Evaluation and Procurement Committee.
- Follow up and report on implementation of Evaluation and Procurement Committee decisions in accordance with the policy and procurement plan and budget.
- Compile and prepare monthly procurement reports for all completed and pending procurements.
- FH Procurement MIS (Odoo).The job holder shall optimally use Odoo system to process all purchase requisitions in line with FH procurement policies
- Responsible for receiving requisitions from requester and timely registering in order management tracker and provide weekly order progress reports to project team
- Focal point for ensuring procurement processes are conducted in accordance with procurement guidelines, threshold and documentation are strictly followed
- Support in regular price surveys as and when requested to ensure FH obtains value for money at all times
- Contribute in the weekly, monthly and ad hoc logistics coordination and team meetings
- Ensure all procurement process correspondences and documents are correctly filled and all payment checklists documents are available and auditable trails of communications are in place
- Responsible for managing all Framework Agreement contracting process for the Area Program
- In collaboration with the RLON, provide technical support to the procurement committee during evaluation and offer tailored trainings to the team.
- Monitor the receipt, registration and opening of bids from service providers and suppliers.
- Attend to all inquiries from bidders and suppliers as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s in any business related Degree ie Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Business Science etc
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of one year in a busy procurement and logistics department an INGO environment is required
- Good knowledge of donor requirements (DFID, USAID) contractual, procurement, and reporting requirements required.
- Familiarity with areas of operation is an added advantage.
How To Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com
Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 31st May, 2023
Application Deadline: Wednesday 17th May, 2023 at 4:30pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.