IT Officer – IDI Uganda Jobs
Job Title: IT Officer
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Uganda
Roles and responsibilities:
- • Evaluate system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
• Evaluate expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer systems.
• Achieve computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
• Maximize use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions.
• Maintain system capability by testing computer components.
• Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions.
• Maintain up-to-date records of preventive maintenance for all hardware and software components.
• Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
• Work with service providers, System Development, Senior IT Specialists and Data Managers to resolve issues with database applications and server systems.
• Meet with relevant users to identify requirements for new infrastructure components, e.g. computing devices, additional data points etc.
• Implement and test upgrades / re-designs of LANs, WANs and other components across the IDI computing infrastructure to meet IDI requirements, resolve performance bottlenecks and maintain reliability as planed and scheduled by the Senior Specialists.
• Periodical review and update of processes to be followed by the Service Desk team.
• Ensure that all user requests for IT services are logged as work orders, assigned to a technician, escalated as necessary and tracked until completion and that users are kept up-to-date on status of resolution.
• Periodically obtain user feedback and comments and implement measures to enhance the quality of service offered.
• Produce regular reports about the operations of the IT Service Desk
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or related computing discipline is an added advantage.
• Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
• Technical certifications include; training in Cisco, Microsoft, Linux, and Database administration.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Familiarity with IT Operations in a clinical environment is preferable
• Proven experience in monitoring, administering and troubleshooting Ethernet/IP LAN/WAN environments.
• At least 1year’experience in IT related support with solid background in IT infrastructure operations, computer network administration and service delivery
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer service approach and possess a professional, confident and empathetic manner.
• Patience and tenacity, dealing with users at their level, identifying creative solutions where applicable to meet/exceed customer expectations
• Proven experience with managing the deployment, maintenance and operations of IT Systems (Windows based) and defining system requirements to meet business needs.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below:
Application Deadline: 31st May 2023
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.