Administrative Assistant – Insurance Training College
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Front Desk
Organization: Insurance Training College (ITC)
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Customer Care
• Provide professional responses to inquiries on phone and face to face, direct inquires to right persons and also follow up on them.
• Promote and maintain a positive image of the ITC through effective customer service practice.
• Confirm appointments for visitors to meet staff by calling the concerned staff to confirm appointments and advice in cases of failed appointment.
2. Manage the Reception and Surrounding Areas.
• Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying with ITC standards and procedures.
• Maintain security by following set procedures, monitor visitors, register and issue visitors IDs at all times.
3. Administrative roles
• Receive mails, parcels and ensure that they are delivered immediately to respective recipients.
• Provide general administrative and clerical support such as typing, printing.
• Take minutes for staff meetings, disseminate them and relay the message to the intended recipients.
4. Communication Management.
• Gather information from different departments and also update staff on any changes.
• Update electronic display/notice boards for any incoming information and communications.
• Remind staff to send timely information for regular updates and new information if any.
5. Security and Safety Measures
• Inform security guards in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
• Monitor and silence fire alarm when required and carry out routine checks on the premises
Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies/ Office Management/ Business administration/Management or related field in a similar area
One year of relevant experience in a reputable organization in a similar position.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their Applications enclosing photocopies of Academic certificates, CVs and three professional referees should be sent/delivered to the address below:
(The Principal, The Insurance Training College, Block A Victoria Office Park, Plot 6/9, Okot Close P. O. Box 4184, Kampala. Tel: +256 417 333 500, Email: email@example.com
Deadline: not later that 30th June 2023, 4:00pm.