IT Assistant – IOM Uganda Jobs
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Organization: IOM Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Install, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot the Network, Software, Hardware, and Communication Systems (LAN, WAN, WLAN, Internet, VSAT, Video Conferencing, PACS, Windows, MS 365, Azure, PABX and Landlines).
2. Provide end user support and ensure that all ICT Issues and queries are resolved and answered appropriately via email, telephone call and/or in person.
3. Escalate to Senior ICT Assistant and Global User Support (GUS) when necessary and accordingly to identified priority levels.
4. Implement IOM IT Standards and IOM IT Policies and Guidelines regarding networks, systems, telecoms, ICT services and equipment usage IT procurement and information security.
5. Install and re-locate the organizational unit’s hardware, coordinate equipment servicing and manage user accounts.
6. Assist in the development and provide end-user training both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for appropriate business process courses when necessary.
7. Prepare Equipment Specification Forms for purchase of ICT equipment and verification of ICT goods delivered to IOM in accordance with IOM standards.
8. Produce and maintain comprehensive documentation and reference materials for planned and delivered ICT systems in the mission and update global user support of planned changes in advance.
9. Maintain an up-to-date record of ICT Hardware and software inventory in coordination with Procurement stores unit, and advice the supervisor on assets that require replacement and/or software licenses renewal in a timely manner.
10. Manage the regular updates of the End points tools such as antivirus, Intune, Z-scaler, BitLocker and patches for operating system and other software and the distribution of the updates to all the Servers and Workstations.
• University/Institute Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science from an accredited academic institution, with minimum 3 years of working experience in a relevant profession or High School Certificate with 5 years of working experience in a relevant profession.
• Relevant Industry Certifications such as Microsoft (Azure, Windows Server & Workstation), Cisco (CCNA+), ITIL, CompTIA, Software Development and others can be an added advantage.
• Providing ICT user support.
• Computer, network, and communication equipment troubleshooting.
• Working with MS Office 365.
• Working with networking equipment preferably Cisco.
• Working with Servers and Workstations (HP, Dell, Lenovo).
• Working with Windows Systems and Infrastructure (Windows 10 and above, Windows Server 2012 and above, Active Directory).
• Working with Cloud services, preferably MS Azure.
• Implementing, maintaining and monitoring networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
• ICT troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Programming skills can be an added advantage
For an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Reference Number and Position Title (VN/UG/014/2023 – ICT Assistant-Kampala, Uganda) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Required: After sending your application through email@example.com YOU ARE REQUIRED to fill in the recruitment Questionnaire using the link: – Pre-Screening Form.
Closing Date: no later than 21st June 2023
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.