Pharmacy Assistant – MTI Uganda Jobs
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Organization: Medical Teams International- Uganda
Duty Station: Mbarara
Roles and Responsibilities
- Track all movements of goods in and out of store, including checking deliveries of goods against dispatch notices for quality and quantity
- Perform physical stock counts as per schedule; perform reconciliation with paper files and as required in ERP system / Rx solution to ensure compliance with stock level agreements; follow up with supervisor in regards to discrepancies, alarm thresholds, stock outs and expiry dates
- Collaborate with In-Charge to prepare stock request; responsible for submitting request to Store Officer and following up on delivery.
- Issue stock to user departments in accordance with MTI procedures
- Ensure all goods are stored and packed safely and securely and easily identifiable
- Ensure all medicines are stored at required temperature-Monitor store and Fridge temperature.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for all documentation related to stores and enter information into ERP system as required
- Prepare reports related to consumption, short-dated stock, physical stock status, expired stocks etc. and submit according to schedule
- Organise the manual loading and unloading of vehicles, as needed
- Maintain inventory register for the Non-Consumable items.
- Carryout stock rotation according to FEFO and FIFO
- Ensure store health and safety procedures are understood and followed by all persons in the store
- Responsible for the security and cleanliness of interior and exterior of store.
- Dispense medications to patients.
- Monitor prescriptions to ensure that correct medications are being prescribed, adherence to clinical guidelines and the rational use of medicines; conduct related trainings for clinical staff.
- Certificate in Pharmacy, Certificate in Pharmaceutical and Health supplies management or related field is required
- Registration with Allied Health Professionals Council is required
- Valid practising license is required.
- 1 year of experience in a community or hospital pharmacy
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
- Knowledge of store management
- Knowledge of ERP systems/Rx solution
- Knowledge in medicine dispensing.
- Skilled at using ERP systems/Rx solutions to track inventory
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability and attention to detail
- A good command of both written and spoken English
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the link below:
Closing Date: 26th June 2023
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.