Data Base Administrator – Finance Trust Bank
Job Title: Data Base Administrator
Organization: Finance Trust Bank
Duty station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- Writing database documentation, including; data standards, procedures, policies, definitions for the data dictionary, capacity planning, maintenance, security, archiving and recovery.
- To monitor and tune database performance as well as control user access, security and log management
- To ensure corporate performance monitoring of all database resources and recommending appropriate action in case of performance Bottlenecks thus keeping flow of work uninterrupted.
- To perform database scripts reviews both from internal and external developers to confirm correctness to both user and business function needs before deployment to both test and production environments.
- Maintain database security by ensuring security plans and measures are laid out and followed i.e. testing and rolling out of database patches to the database systems in order to fix published and non-published vulnerabilities.
- To ensure functionality of databases and adherence of procedures by all users.
- To plan for all database systems, capacity management requirements
- To analyze business application requirements and develop specifications for databases construction and maintenance.
- Maintain business continuity preparedness for enterprise databases by implementing disaster recovery procedures by; Carrying out database restorations, disaster recovery tests and database availability management in addition to developing, managing, testing back-up and recovery plans, and ensure data archival.
- Planning, sizing installation and configuration of enterprise database management systems on new server installations
- Assist the Business Applications Administrator in creating and maintaining efficient business reporting systems
- Ensure backups of all the Corporate databases are done as per the Backup Policy and logs are maintained, and the integrity of the backups is maintained through periodic backup testing.
- To communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security plus issues escalation to external support groups where necessary
- Run End of Day operations.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by supervisors
- A University degree in computer science information, systems information technology or engineering from a reputable institution;
- Certifications in Microsoft certified database administrator (MSCDBA) or Oracle database, Microsoft SQL, etc.
- At least two years working experience preferably with a financial institution in the area of database administration and data center management
- Good working knowledge of banking systems, operations, and processes;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems, and UNIX.
- Knowledge of SQL and database management Systems is a must
- Experience working with RDBMS’ e.g. MySQL, Oracle, MS MSSQLServer, Postgre, etc.
- Knowledge of shell scripting and other scripting languages like Perl, Python, PHP etc.
- Good analytical, diagnostic, communication and reporting skills.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Good People management skills and ability to monitor third-party contractors
- Ability to work independently at any Group location in an IT support capacity;
- Ability to quickly assess organizational needs relative to databases and data center problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, pro-activeness, self-drive, initiative
- Person of integrity.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours including evenings and weekends as needed to troubleshoot issues, perform upgrades and to be part of an oncall support team
How to Apply:
Suitable candidates should email their applications to email@example.com. which should include; photocopies of academic documents and testimonials, a CV with at least three referees.
Application Deadline: 8th August 2023.