Records Officer – Billbrain Institute of Technology
Job Title: Records Officer
Organization: Billbrain Institute of Technology (BIT)
Duty station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- To undertake day to day operations of the Registry and effectively manage the storage, retrieval and safety of all records of the Institute.
Responsibilities of the Records Officer;
- Create and maintain records registries to ensure fast, real-time retrieval of information.
- Receive, register, open and classify documents that come in the registry and enter them in the relevant registers.
- Conduct weekly file tracking and reconciliation
- Maintain a credible register of academic records for all students enrolled in different programs under the Institute.
- Maintain individual student files containing admission records and examination results for each year
- Organize students’ marks and record retrieval in liaison with Departments
- Update the Institute electronic records management system, and enter all records and information in the relevant sections
- Liaise with the registration office to ensure proper management of student files and work with the examination office to collect student marks, and prepare students’ academic documents
- Ensure proper and safe custody of both due tests and examinations, as well student answer
scripts from tests and examinations that have been undertaken (both internal, and external assessments).
- In coordination with the E-Learning Officer, ensure that all study materials, and library resources are properly indexed into the respective systems, and backed up in the Institute repositories
- Assist in auditing records and records systems, and support other offices in proper indexing and storage of documents such as contracts, among other similar resources
- Manage the process of retention and disposition of records.
- Assist in the planning and budgeting for the records office
- Support the development and review of records policies and records procedure manuals
- Provide advisory knowledge on records management in different department, and advise on the filing system;
- An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science or an Honours degree in Records and Archives Management from a recognized university.
- Prior experience in records management, and /or a postgraduate qualification in Library and Information Science and any other professional qualification in this field is an added advantage.
- Good written and verbal Communication Skills
▪ Good data entry skills.
▪ Proficiency in MS Office Applications.
▪ Ability to work independently and as part of a team
▪ Honesty and integrity
▪ Good planning and organizational skills
▪ Good attention to detail
▪ Reporting Skills
▪ Fluent in English
▪ Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills
▪ Willing to contribute positively as part of a growing Institution and team
▪ Keen attention to detail
▪ Proactivity and a desire to create a positive impact in this role
▪ Good time management skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, along with all other supporting documents to: email@example.com
Deadline: 10th August, 2023, 05:00 pm.