Administrative Assistant – Infectious Diseases Institute Uganda
Job Title: Project Administrative Assistant
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute
• Support day to day activities of the CAMO-Net project.
• Schedule and coordinate all appointments and meetings for CAMO-Net staff and other stakeholders as required.
• Collation of all documents for meetings of the CAMO-Net project.
• Provide logistical support to CAMO-Net project in the implementation of activities in line with approved program work plans.
• Provide support to the project manager in preparing meeting documents
• Maintain the office petty cash.
• Develop and follow up accountabilities for activity funds.
• Provide general administrative and secretarial support to project staff, and to project consultants as appropriate.
• To prepare and submit monthly administrative reports to the project manager.
• To participate and support in planning and drafting of project activity budgets and workplans.
• To manage transport requests; review fuel accountabilities and mileage log sheets; and timely submission of the reviewed accountabilities to fleet management.
• Maintains a tracker of procurement requests, LPOs released and items received.
• To maintain and update the project asset and equipment register.
• Maintains a tracker of office supplies (stationary, office equipment etc.) and records of documents issued & received within the project.
• To support in tracking and storage of key staff (HR) documents – timesheets, leave forms, insurance forms, contracts, overtime forms etc.
B. Filing and storage of project documents
• To support in organization of all CAMO-Net project meetings, attend, and take minutes as appropriate.
• Establish and maintain a manual and electronic filing/record-keeping system for easy storage and retrieval of all project documents, such as – SOPs, activity reports, HR contact information, and correspondence related to the project.
- • A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or other related fields.
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in Administration in a public, private sector or international NGO environment
• Excellent verbal communication, report writing, organization and management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can work in a team
• Computer literacy with at least MS Office packages and internet
• Proven abilities in project administration, including the prioritization of tasks, setting timelines and record keeping
• Understanding of budget preparation processes
• Outstanding secretarial skills, including advanced abilities in word-processing, spreadsheets, filing, and general computer use; knowledge of MS Excel, Word and other common software programs is essential
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills are essential
• Capability to perform difficult typing/word processing duties; knowledge of written communication formats and composition of such communications is crucial
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 31st August 2023.