Data Clerk – TASO Uganda
Job Title: Data Clerk
Organization: TASO Uganda
Location: Ntungamo District (Rubaare HCIV, Rwashamiire HC IV)
- Ensure availability of HMIS tools at the facility through timely projection of required tools.
- Strengthen use and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) provided by MOH in all data management processes.
- Manage all aspects of documentation at the facility particularly complete and timely documentation in the HMIS tools including register updates with no duplicates.
- Keep track of received patients’ files and registers that are used for data record and entry.
- Ensure timely data entry of patient data into the patient level databases including Uganda EMR, HTS, TB databases and perform regular database backup at the health facility.
- Ensure safety of data management equipment e.g. computers for EMR.
- Ensure confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times.
- Manage the timely submission of facility reports including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Support records persons, facility in-charge and other clinical staff to analyze and utilize their data to improve patient management and service delivery.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as may be needed from time to time.
- Update regularly and support the facility team to utilize audit tools.
- Manage weekly, monthly & quarterly facility reporting.
- Identify and document any safeguarding concerns during activity implementation, data collection and reporting.
- Share timely reports on any identified safeguarding concerns with the Immediate Supervisor.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Diploma in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Medical Records and Health Informatics, Data Management, Population Studies, Arts in Economics, Information Technology or a related field.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage. Minimum Experience and Exposure
- 1 year’s previous experience in data management in PEPFAR-supported programs is a MUST.
- Uganda EMR experience is required.
- Familiar with public health facilities and willing to serve in such settings.
- Knowledge of statistical applications will be an added advantage
- Ethical issues in data management
- Rights of people living with HIV/AIDS
- OVC Management
- Computer knowledge in database management, spreadsheet, email etc.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 21st August 2023.