Officer License Compliance – PAU Uganda Jobs
Job Title: Officer License Compliance
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda
Job roles and responsibilities:
- Participate in monitoring petroleum exploration activities of licensees.
- Participate in the periodic assessment of exploration licensees’ compliance to the legal and regulatory framework in the country.
- Support the exploration licensees to carry out their work in accordance with approved work programs and in compliance with the legal and regulatory framework.
- Participate in the review of the relevant technical reports, data and samples submitted by Petroleum Exploration Licensees to the Authority
- Participate in the preparation, documentation, review, and submission of periodic progress reports for the Department of Licence Compliance.
- Participate in Technical Committee Meetings (TCM), Human Resources Meeting (HRM), Finance Technical Meetings (FTM) and Advisory Committee Meetings (ACM) between the PAU and exploration licensees.
- Contribute to advising on issuance, renewal and revocation of petroleum exploration licenses following both technical and non-technical reviews.
- Support the development of guidelines and manuals to enhance the enforcement of compliance.
- Support the development of a work plan and budget for the Department of Licence Compliance on an annual basis.
- Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to time.
- An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Geoscience, Engineering, or Physical Sciences from an internationally recognized institution.
- One (1) year relevant working experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Analytical skills.
- Innovative skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Communication and report writing skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
How to apply:
Interested applicants must submit their applications online via the link below:
ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g., Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates.
Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
Deadline: Wednesday 6th September, 2023