Laboratory Admin Assistant – IOM Uganda Jobs
Job title: Laboratory Administrative Assistant
Organization: International Organization for Migration ( IOM)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform administrative support to the supervisor in activities carried out in the laboratory.
- Ensure standards and the quality of laboratory outcomes, by strictly following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for assigned duties.
- Adhere to bio-safety measures adopted in the laboratory, minding the safety of oneself and others.
- Assist technical personnel for accurate, efficient and timely delivery of results by receiving and processing request forms, data entry, scheduling of clients, printing and submitting laboratory test reports.
- Documents and records keeping of laboratory activities in an organized and easy retrievable manner as well as maintaining the laboratory database.
- Participate in laboratory stock management activities by preparing requests, inventory and updating records.
- Communicate between laboratory and clinical unit on issues related to request and reports for laboratory examination.
- Communicate between laboratory and medical IT unit for preparing monthly and annual statistical reports, laboratory databases improvements or repairs.
- Participate in the improvement of laboratory services according to an adopted work plan in the laboratory.
- High School diploma with at least four years of relevant professional experience, preferably as a
- Medical Office Assistant, or University degree in related fields with at least two years of relevant professional experience preferably as a Medical Office Assistant.
- Two years of relevant medical facility experience in a busy institution, preferably in a laboratory.
- Word processing, spreadsheet management and database management experience.
- At least an intermediate level of MS Office skills
- Analytical skills
- Fast and accurate typing
- Fluency in English and the language of the country where the incumbent is working are required.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience to email@example.com
Reference Number and Position Title (VN/UG/025/2023 Laboratory Administrative Assistant Kampala, Uganda) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Required: After sending your application through firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU ARE REQUIRED to fill in the recruitment Questionnaire using the link: – Pre-Screening Form
Deadline: no later than 03rd September 2023