Job Title: Resource and Production Manager (Agriculture Jobs In Uganda Today)
Duty Station: Mbale
Agriculture Jobs In Uganda Today: Uganda Grows is seeking to recruit a self-motivated Resource and Production Manager to implement the strategic plan designed by the Board of Directors.
Agriculture Jobs In Uganda Today: Uganda Grows is a non-profit international agriculture organization whose mission is to improve the socio-economic conditions of farmers in Eastern Uganda. Our organization works closely with farmer groups to supply improved seed, value addition, marketing and extension services.
Please refer to our website for more information: www.ugandagrows.org
Key Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Center Manager, the position is required to implement and enhance the organization’s agriculture programs to include the following: ·
- Develop demonstration gardens to act as avenues for farmer’s training and collaborate with other development organizations to deliver training to farmers ·
- Plan, organize, coordinate and conduct appropriate training for farmers at appropriate times ·
- Liaise with farmer groups to determine technologies and inputs requirements and organize delivery of farm technologies and inputs to farmers at appropriate times.
- Ensure that recoveries of inputs credit by farmers is timely, according to agreed upon schedules ·
- Coordinate with farmer groups to plan and execute marketing of their produce to identified marketing points ·
- Follow up project activities by making regular field visits to farmer group’s sites, while also providing technical guidance and advice to farmers on production management ·
- Develop monthly work plans and write monthly reports giving details of progression of field activities ·
- Assist to establish, collect, maintain and manage the farmer groups data base, providing details of production area under cultivation, harvest data, inputs distribution and recovery updates ·
- Any other related duties assigned by the Center
Manager Competences •
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills •
- Ability to work independently, implementing work agenda with minimum supervision •
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office application •
- High self-motivation and willingness to support others in multidisciplinary teams •
- Knowledge and skill in farmer participatory learning •
- Valid Motorcycle Riding Permit
Educational and experience requirement •
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or similar degree •
- At least one year’s experience working with farming enterprises as salaried employee or as a graduate student
General information: The initial contract for the position is for a trial period of 6 months at which time the position is for one year: renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
How to apply:
Applications including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, telephone numbers, email address and names and contact information for two referees should be Hand Delivered to:
Uganda Grows Center, Iki Iki, Uganda
OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th February 2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.