Data Entry Jobs In Uganda 2017 – Fresher Data Clerk at DRC
Vacancy title: Data Clerk (Data Entry Jobs In Uganda 2017)
Jobs at: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Reports to: Protection and Community Services Manager
Data Entry Jobs In Uganda 2017: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Data Entry Jobs In Uganda 2017: The Data Clerk will be tasked with conducting and implementing comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning initiatives of DRC protection program in Rhino camp, to ensure that Project activities meet the highest standards possible, improve on data storage, to enhance reporting, and contribute to improving resilience capacity of persons of concerns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
M&E Systems’ Implementation:
• Manage Monitoring and Evaluation data collection by liaising with Protection staff to ensure that monitoring data is collected, captured in the database, and stored
• Provide support in the analysis of indicator results, and in providing feedback to project management indicating where project activities and interventions are falling short, meeting or exceeding the expected outputs, outcomes and impact.
• Manage monitoring database for aggregation of monitoring data
• Perform quality assurance functions during data collection, entry and storage
• Participate in the development of project M&E plans with close collaboration with project coordinators
• Take part in development and review of data collection tools
M&E reporting and use for decision making:
• Provide support in the preparation of Monitoring and Evaluation reports.
• Support protection staff in documentation of lessons learnt, promising and best practices
Capacity building, mentorship & Technical oversight:
• Take part in/conduct workshops and training within
• Assist in providing M&E training to staff as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Data Clerk job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, or computer science.
• Previous exposure and experience with assessment, research, including data collection and data management.
• Strong computer skills required.
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel, and have experience using database and data analysis software.
• Respect strict confidentiality of the data.
• Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
• Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation for UN-funded projects is desired
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications including;
• A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
• Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your cover letter, updated CV and academic certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “Data Clerk – Rhino camp.”
Deadline of this Job: 6th March 2017