US Embassy Uganda Jobs – Part Time Work Internship
Job Title: Student Interns – US Embassy Uganda Jobs
Nature: Unpaid Local Internship with The Education USA Program
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Announcement Number: Kampala-2018-021
Open to: Ugandan Students
About US Embassy:
US Embassy Uganda Jobs: The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Intern will support the U.S. Mission’s EducationUSA Advisor for a period of six months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Intern will assist the EducationUSA Advisor in order to expand the program’s reach.
- The intern would be responsible for assisting in planning EducationUSA events, monitoring computer usage in the EducationUSA Center, responding to basic public inquiries, scheduling appointments, contributing to the newsletter, record keeping, staffing the EducationUSA booth at public events, assisting with EducationUSA appointment questionnaire and supervising practice Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) sessions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should be between 18-25 years old, enrolled as students, and be willing to work part-time for a maximum period of six months.
- The applicant should have completed senior six and currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution with good academic standing (official transcripts and a letter from the registrar will be required).
- Previous participation in at least ten different EducationUSA programs/workshops.
- General knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a culturally diverse public and to work under pressure.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Internet.
- Language: (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United States Embassy in Kampala are encouraged to Apply Online by following the instructions below;
- Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for US Embassy Kampala using the link, Click Here
- You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process you will receive an auto response via your email.
Deadline: 18th May 2018