Part Time Jobs Uganda – Research Assistant
JOB TITLE: Research Assistant
Duration: This assignment is estimated to last maximum one (1) month
Part Time Jobs Uganda: The Research Assistant will be supervised by the Evaluation Officer. The Incumbent will work closely with the Project coordinator and the SL@B Uganda project team to implement sound data collection and management processes. He/she will collect and process research data in support of the project “Development of a Model for National Scale-up of the Pratt Pouch to Expand Infant Nevirapine Prophylaxis in Uganda, Prevent Mother-to-child Transmission of HIV, and Save Infant Lives” . He/she will travel to the health facilities within the specified geographical area as assigned, arrange and conduct field interviews as appropriate to the study, and record research data in accordance with the research study protocol and procedures.
LOCATION: Central 1, Central 2, South West, Mid-Western Uganda (Indicate Preferred Region and Language Proficiency)
Number of Positions: 10 (6 in South West and Mid-Western and 4 in Central 1 & 2)
Reporting Relations: The Research Assistant reports to the Evaluation Officer for Saving Lives at Birth (SL@B)Project
Languages: Applicants must be able to read and write in English as well as in one of the following languages: Luganda (4), Runyakore (2), Rukiga (2) and Rufumbira (2).
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in a training on the study protocol, data collection and ethical procedures
- Travel to the health facilities participating in the study and work closely with health care workers for the entire study duration
- Identify potential study participants, assess eligibility and recruit them
- Conduct informed consent processes with potential participants according to the study procedures
- Develop interview schedules; arrange and conduct interviews in accordance with pre-determined interview guidelines, data collection procedures, tools and documentation standards.
- As appropriate to the specified position, code and verify data in accordance with the study data management standard operating procedures (SOPs), and enter data into the data collection paper/electronic tools
- Ensure that data collected are accurate, complete, properly handled and stored in accordance with study SOPs and confidentiality stipulations
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Job Experience
- A degree in Statistics, Population Studies, Demography, Epidemiology or other related disciplines, including Social Sciences and Public Health
- Prior experience in research methods and data management required
- Must have passed both English and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of MOH facility data collection registers and HMIS tools
- Skill in identifying and recruiting research subjects.
- Interviewing and data collection skills
- Ability to understand and apply specified field research procedures and protocols
- Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data
- Ability to work in a team (good team player)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work long hours
- Able to work in any part of the country
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online via this link.