Deloitte Uganda Jobs – No Experience Human Resource Intern
Job Title: Human Resource Intern – Deloitte Uganda Jobs
Organization: Deloitte Uganda
Deloitte Uganda Profile
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value-added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Human Resources team as an Intern. You will provide support to the different service lines by ensuring efficient and effective data collection for preparation of reports and also provide assistance in execution of specific tasks in order to ensure continued financial viability and integrity of the firm.
Roles and responsibilities
What you will do
- Records Management: Open files for new staff and ensure all relevant documents are filed, ensure HR database is updated, input new staff information as per the ISO guidelines, ensure Personal files are updated.
- Recruitment: Coordinate recruitment logistics – group assessments, case studies, manager interviews and partner interviews, create an up to date recruitment tracker, schedule interviews, invite candidates for interviews, book meeting rooms, compile feedback reports, draft contracts as necessary and submit documents for background checks.
- Induction & Onboarding: Ensure all placement processes are implemented for all new staff, organize and coordinate induction sessions, maintain and update confirmation status and prepare confirmation letters.
- Monthly compliance reports: Assist in the preparation of monthly HR reports i.e. Staff list, recruitment reports, exit reports, employee relations, leave Report, SAP, mobility and any other reports that might be requested for, from time to time.
- Prepare correspondence letters: Visa letters, bank letters, recommendation letters, resignation Acknowledgments.
- Staff welfare: Prepare wellness activities, identify facilitators/ coordinators for the wellness activities, organize for breakfast for the sessions and take attendance.
- Immigration: Submitting all immigration documents (for work permit, work permit renewal, dependant pass applications and security bond refunds), following up with the Immigration office to ensure work permits are issued on time, updating and tracking the immigration report.
- Exit processes: Ensure the right criteria is followed during staff exit from the firm, issue relevant letters and supporting documents, organize for exit interviews and update the relevant reports.
- Any other duties that will be assigned from time to time.
Key performance areas
- Strategic Impact
- External / Internal Client Impact
- Operational Effectiveness
- Development / Growth of Team (as applicable to role)
- Budgets / Profitability
- Differentiators for this specific role
- At least an Upper Second class honors degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial and Organizational Psychology or related field;
- A minimum of 17 points for candidates that did four (4) principle subjects at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A minimum of 16 points for candidates that did three (3) principle subjects at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A first Grade in ‘O’ Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Focus on quality and risk;
- Problem solving ability;
- Good business acumen; and,
- Be a Ugandan Citizen.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Please note that candidates that do not attach their resumes and academic credentials will not be considered.
Closing date: 22 September 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.