Job Title: SenseMaker Data Facilitator
Organisation: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Director Farmer to Farmer
Catholic Relief Services Jobs: The SenseMaker Data Facilitators will be responsible for gaining good understanding of SenseMaker’s analytical framework and signification tool. They will then collect and submit accurate narratives in 20 days using SenseMaker tools from F2F and other CRS Uganda projects. They will be responsible for accuracy and validity of the data collected and ensuring that it is submitted online at least once per day.
Catholic Relief Services is an international non-profit organization whose commitment by the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS is implementing F2F in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Ethiopia and has reached over 28,050 direct beneficiaries in year four out of five. Over this period, country project managers have increasingly recognized the complexity of their projects and of assessing change using conventional monitoring and evaluation approaches. Thus, the CRS F2F plans to assess progress with the project objectives, community livelihoods strategies, and outcomes using the SenseMaker Methodology. SenseMaker combines the advantages of a qualitative database of self-signified stories with the value of large-scale statistical analysis, which enables the exploration of patterns and agency-wide metrics. This is crucial to support learning processes that contribute to innovation, and better project and program performance. SenseMaker also gives a voice to project participants at scale, which is proving to be very important for internal and external influence processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend 5 days’ SenseMaker training
- Gain more insight on the use of SenseMaker as a tool to further understanding, planning, and measurement of resiliency
- Attend 2 days’ pretest of sense maker tool
- Actively participate actively in reviewing sense maker signification framework
- Contact and coordinate with host staffs to reach beneficiaries
- Collect accurate narratives keying them into iPads
- Connect iPad at least once per day for data syncing
- Ensure Ipad is safe and charged
- Field data collection for F2F and other CRS Uganda project beneficiaries using Sensemaker tools for analysis
- F2F and CRS Uganda beneficiaries’ collected data submitted online
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the SenseMaker Data Facilitator job opportunities should hold a University Degree. Preference will be given to those pursuing post graduate studies
- Good computer skills especially MS word
- Previous experience with digital data collection is desired
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner
- Ability to work under pressure
- The applicant can deliver assigned work within deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a close-knit, team environment where attitude and work ethic matter
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): Serve with Integrity, Model Stewardship, Cultivate Constructive Relationships, Promote Learning
- Age: Above 25 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter, updated CV, testimonials and three work references (names and contact information only) to email@example.com or submit hard copy to Catholic Relief Services, Plot 577, Block 15, Nsambya Road, P.O. Box: 30086 Kampala.
Deadline: 28th August 2017 by 5:00pm