Job Title: Data Clerks – University Research Co LLC Uganda Jobs
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
University Research Co LLC Uganda Jobs: The Data Clerk will work closely with the facility medical record’s officers to ensure that patient’s records are captured accurately and HMIS reports are compiled and submitted in the DHIS2 and RHITES-EC Monitoring, Evaluation ad Learning team on time.
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Health facility In-charge & Cluster M&E Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will work closely with the facility records officers and where necessary health sub-district records officers and district HMIS focal persons and Biostatisticians to quantify the tools needed to ensure sustained data collection at the health facility.
- Actively engage with the records officers to ensure that best practices of medical records storage and management are implemented.
- The Data Clerk will also ensure that data on additional indicators outside of the DHIS2 reporting system are collected in time and submitted to the cluster M&E Officers.
- Work closely with the facility records officers to mentor and coach other health workers on appropriate use of HMIS data collection tools for data capture.
- The jobholder will manage the HIV care data: ensure proper filing and file retrieval during patient care and updated patient records in Uganda_EMR (OpenMRS).
- Ensure that HIV care data captured on patient forms during patient visits is transcribed to pre-ART and ART registers and updated in the Uganda_EMR (OpenMRS) on time.
- Work closely with the health facility records officer to prepare HMIS reports and submit them in DHIS2 in time.
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly supplementary data not reported in DHIS2 and submit it to the RHITES-EC Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning unit on time.
- Ensure that confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times
- Ensure that the entered data are backed up regularly and the data are well protected
- Ensure safety of all equipment in the data rooms.
- Perform basic data analysis on data from HMIS data to inform RHITES-EC cluster based teams on the progress of interventions at the supported facility
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID RHITES-EC Data Clerk job opportunity must hold a diploma in records management. A relevant degree (Statistics, Demography, Computer Science, Social Science or Development Studies) will be of added advantage.
- One year of experience in data management or demonstrated relevant experience acquired through internship placement.
- Familiarity with use of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS).
How to Apply: